Process to put a 268 piston in 372?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring1898

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Putting the parts together to rebuild a 372, and don't just want to do a standard build. I already have an XPW, XT, and a Big Bore Pop-Up Hyway kit which I am very impressed with, so I don't want a lock and stock 372.

What all is needed to use a closed port 268 piston? Stack a couple gaskets, measure squish and have it cut down based on that? What are some numbers people have gotten so I know if I am close?
How far in do you cut it back? I noticed the Hyway Pop-Ups are about 0.020" high and end about 0.375" from the edge.

Putting the parts together to rebuild a 372, and don't just want to do a standard build. I already have an XPW, XT, and a Big Bore Pop-Up Hyway kit which I am very impressed with, so I don't want a lock and stock 372.

What all is needed to use a closed port 268 piston? Stack a couple gaskets, measure squish and have it cut down based on that? What are some numbers people have gotten so I know if I am close?
How far in do you cut it back? I noticed the Hyway Pop-Ups are about 0.020" high and end about 0.375" from the edge.
There is a lot written on this forum, it is all there, start readin.

Latest posts

Back