• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Professional STIHL MS 462 R C-M Gasoline Chainsaw BRAND NEW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickintheface

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have 2 brand new STIHL MS 462 R C-M still in the box. Power head only. I have them posted on EBay for $1255 USD plus shipping.

Arboristsite deal $1150 USD with free shipping, pay pal only.
I’ll respond in msg order

My first impression of the Stihl MS 462 was WOW!!! Holy Cow!!! For my first test cut with new saw, I chose a 24-inch White Oak log. The tree came down this last winter during the Blizzard. This part of the trunk showed no signs of fungus or rot, it was solid all the way through. Before I went to the White Oak, I fueled the saw up with Husqvarna pre blended 95 octane 50:1 that has the XP+ oil in it. (It was a new toy and I wanted to get home to see what it would do so I bought the Husqvarna fuel) Then filled up the bar oil and turned the oiler up all the way.
I started with an old Mulberry tree that came down. The trunk of this tree was only 8 inches around and this saw went right through it. I wanted to use this Mulberry to get the saw up to full operating temperature before asking it to run full throttle/power on the White Oak for 10-15 seconds or so per cut and the trunk I was going to cut up was 30 feet long. After 20 minutes on the Mulberry, I shut the saw down and checked the bar oil and topped it off, same with the fuel, and adjusted the chain. I am running a 25-inch pro light bar with a full chisel skip tooth Stihl 3/8 Chain. I fired up the saw, lined up my cut and dropped it on the log with full power and WOW, the 462 just took a huge bit into the log, pulled itself up to the dawgs and started cutting through like butter. It was throwing huge saw chips that were hitting me just above the knee. The fact that I noticed this, WOW, normally I would have never noticed this but there were so many chips and the 462 was just discharging them with authority. I did not have a clock or timer on these cuts, so all I know was it was lighting fast. In the future I plan on getting a 36-inch bar and probably pick up a 20-inch bar to go with the MS 462. I might pick up another Full chisel skip tooth chain for the 36-inch bar, but I will pick up the STIHL RAPID Super Klassic chain for the 20-inch bar and the other two as well.
If I may, if your new Commer the world of bucking logs, might I recommend starting out with a green label chain, just until you some experience under your belt. Give yourself plenty time and gain more experience. IMO a full chisel chain, 6 horsepower, and an extremely fast accelerating chain can get out of control quick, take your time and really get to know your saw and how it handles, and never be in a hurry. Look at your cut and everything around it. Even though bucking logs is a lot of work, it's still a lot of fun. Cut hard, cut safe, and have some fun.

Latest posts

Back