Progress Report

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, an opportunity to go to work down the lane, leave a pile or two of wood. And come back and it'd still there. Looks like an awesome set up.
:clap::clap::clap:

Do ya see any deer?

Wow, an opportunity to go to work down the lane, leave a pile or two of wood. And come back and it'd still there. Looks like an awesome set up.
:clap::clap::clap:

Do ya see any deer?

Yes, the opportunity to get this lot was truly a gift. I can drive my tractor
from my house to this lot in less than 5 minutes. The property is posted and the only entrance is behind a locked gate that I have access to. There is also a good interior road system throughout the lot so access with the tractor and my 4 wheeler is excellent. I have been blocking a lot of the smaller trees in one and two cord piles along the main woodlot road and hope to be able to split and load right there into a truck or trailer. That will save me a lot of extra handling of the wood. The larger logs I am taking to the landing and that can be custom split as needed depending on customer's needs. I really couldn't ask for a better setup and believe me, I am truly grateful to have it. As far as deer go, I am up quite high in the mountains and when the snow hit 16" or so, most of the deer headed for the yarding areas down in the lower elevations. Prior to that, I was seeing sign every day when I went into to cut.

Maple: :cheers:

Now I have a face to put to the voice.

If it weren't a sin, I'd be jealous.

That's a good thing you have there Maple.

You deserve it all.......
BUT: Who's the guy in the funny-looking orange pants ?:cheers::cheers:

Now I have a face to put to the voice.

If it weren't a sin, I'd be jealous.

That's a good thing you have there Maple.

Hi Woody: So far things are coming along good. My wood-road started to melt off the last couple of days but the thermometer is on the way down again and right now we have about 3" of new snow tonight so far and a couple inches more possible before tomorrow. I am hoping to get another month of cutting done before the snow is gone and the mud comes in. Once that happens I will have to knock off pulling logs until mid May or so, but I should have plenty of splitting to do at that point to keep me going. These kinds of deals don't come along very often but I am thankful every day for this one.

Best regards, :cheers:

Maple:

You deserve it all.......
BUT: Who's the guy in the funny-looking orange pants ?:cheers::cheers:

I don't know if I deserve it or not LB, but I'm doing my best to make the most of what the Good Lord has placed before me. The guy in the funny looking orange pants would be yours truly off course. I didn't notice it before I checked out the picture but the old chaps are turning into what my mother used to call High Water Pants, Ha Ha. I guess they are kinda funny looking like that but I'm to old fashioned to just toss them out when there still quite serviceable.

Maple: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back