progress so far

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue924.9

flannel wearin sumbitch
Reaction score
well all after having the weather warm up considerable, like from 30s to 60s in a day i can say i have made considerable progress on my hand splitting campagin. it is amazing how light and nimble the 6 pound maul feels and the 8 pound sledge for the wedges as getting there until i had a horrible over strike while swinging as hard as i could to get over some aggression and ended its splitting career.

in my defense though i only thing that made me over strike and crack the handle was my phone vibrating in my pocket as i was in a pretty intense txt conversation with this one girl:baba: if you know what i mean.

i cant really blame the sledge for breaking though, after that overstrike my hands hurt so bad even with padded gloves i couldnt grab a piece of wood for the rest of that day.

in all seriousness though i have found if i work at for an hour a day i can get the 5x 10 trailer over full, and luckily i can over fill it becuase it is only a 2 mile drive to unload it and get more wood. and it suprised me how it literally works all the muscles in the body, and the brain, my hand eye coordination is amazing now, as long as the phone doesnt vibrate in my pocket:happy: and life is all good now that i have a sledge hammer with a special 1 piece handle, traded it in on my old two piece handle sledge after the head tried to come in contact with my head:nofunny:

ive broken a few handles bleeding off some agression myself... just makes you better at replacing the handles is all :dumb: :chop:

ive broken a few handles bleeding off some agression myself... just makes you better at replacing the handles is all :dumb: :chop:

nah i buy cheap fiberglass handled sledges so when they crack i tape them and use them carefully and when they do break i just buy another cheap one lol

Latest posts

Back