Project "Formerly Known As 365" begins

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump for Corey. Got it pretty much cleaned up now, and going to deliver the case to a local Husky dealer for new seals Looking good. Parts are on the way, and I can't wait.

You can see the cleaner shots on the reassembly thread to be started in a couple of weeks.

Mark

Last edited:
Wow

Wow, You've gone this far and the dealer is going to put the seals in?
Or does the dealer need to see the case to get the right seals? Anyway nice build you've got going there, looking forward to the rest. Good luck.

Wow, You've gone this far and the dealer is going to put the seals in?
Or does the dealer need to see the case to get the right seals? Anyway nice build you've got going there, looking forward to the rest. Good luck.

They are going to get in right...right seals and right install. Not blowing this to save a few bucks. I'm doing everything else.

Mark

That’s great Mark! Nice pics, this is like an online course “saw breakdown and repair 201”

As a bit of history; that saw is my dads last pro model chainsaw, he is retired now, back home in Nova Scotia. I traded him for an 026 that I wasn’t getting much use out of. I ran the saw for a year or two; it always seemed to have gremlins and was getting to the point where it needed to be replaced. So one day when it wouldn’t start I put it under the workbench instead of on top.

There it stayed for three years, buried under empty oil containers and beer cans (also empty), all but forgotten. Until, one day I found the “Pay it Foward” thread and thought ‘what the heck is that thing under my workbench that keeps causing the used oil containers and beer cans to fall out in front of the bench? Oh yeah, dads oldsaw, who am I kidding, I’m never going to use that old 365 again, maybe someone here would like to tinker with it.’

And so fate brings a tired oldsaw to oldsaw a master tinker. :D That’s good.

That’s great Mark! Nice pics, this is like an online course “saw breakdown and repair 201”

As a bit of history; that saw is my dads last pro model chainsaw, he is retired now, back home in Nova Scotia. I traded him for an 026 that I wasn’t getting much use out of. I ran the saw for a year or two; it always seemed to have gremlins and was getting to the point where it needed to be replaced. So one day when it wouldn’t start I put it under the workbench instead of on top.

There it stayed for three years, buried under empty oil containers and beer cans (also empty), all but forgotten. Until, one day I found the “Pay it Foward” thread and thought ‘what the heck is that thing under my workbench that keeps causing the used oil containers and beer cans to fall out in front of the bench? Oh yeah, dads oldsaw, who am I kidding, I’m never going to use that old 365 again, maybe someone here would like to tinker with it.’

And so fate brings a tired oldsaw to oldsaw a master tinker. :D That’s good.

Agree & have some green :)

:cheers:

Serge

I'm 1/2 Swede....:biggrinbounce2:

And 1/2 Norwegian...:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm also more used to Stihls, so wandering around on the inside of a Husky is a bit strange to me. I'm still learning. That, and my 3120 has a hex head on the clutch, comes off with a socket like a Stihl, and that's with that @$%# outboard clutch :).

Mark

No offense to the Swedes in general. I'll be there in October, so don't need to start a revolt. :laugh:

:greenchainsaw: Hi buddy, do you know what "mark" in Norwegian means.....:greenchainsaw:

Bailey's has an 372 OEM Piston & Cylinder kit for $230 and an aftermarket Piston & Cylinder kit for $110. Which one is better?
So is it worth the extra $120 to get the OEM Piston & Cylinder kit instead of the aftermarket Piston & Cylinder kit? Thanks!

It means "worm"........... :biggrinbounce2:

Please don't take offence! :help: :cheers:
I'm sure he doesn't, just a point though, I'm sure it doesn't sound the same way here as you pronounce it there (mark, dark, park, lark......:D then there is 'woym, werm, woahrm')

:monkey:

:chainsawguy: 'Aw Pooh, said Christopher R., time to kill a tree!' :chainsawguy:

:)

I have a 365xp. I scored the cylinder in it. Damn intake jet cracked and the saw was taking in hot air. I just purchased a BB piston and cylinder kit from bailey's and im going to do it up. I already have the walbro carb so Im good to go.

Good to see someone else doing soemthing similar.

I have a 365xp. I scored the cylinder in it. Damn intake jet cracked and the saw was taking in hot air. I just purchased a BB piston and cylinder kit from bailey's and im going to do it up. I already have the walbro carb so Im good to go.

There is no such thing as a 365xp out there, the 365 is not a xp (but there is a 362xp), but you should be good to go anyway.........;)

365 Special???? Maybe???

yeah if it came with the walbro carb it should be a special,,, do you mean intake Boot?????? never heard of an intake jet,,, but Ive been wrong before!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :spam: the earlier models came with a Zama and they dont flow enough fuel for the BB kit from what I remember reading,,, do a search on 365 mods youll find what you need,,,

R2'ed

Last edited:

Which BB piston & cylinder kit did you get from Bailey's, the OEM Piston & Cylinder kit or the aftermarket Piston & Cylinder kit?

sorry i meant 365special not XP :D
i got the after market cylinder http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/5717.html. OEM is to pricy for me. and there is no way taht hte aftermarket one can be much worse than the OEM one.

yeah intake boot. I coudln't figure out what the heck the thing was called, but I found one on ebay and the guy called it a jet

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back