Project Stumpbroke Dolmar 117

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpys Customs

Stumpbroke
Reaction score
This was a fun project. A nice looking Dolmar 117.:rock:
100_2907_zpseb636a70.jpg

Stock video.
[video=youtube_share;PDs5wsjQr3A]http://youtu.be/PDs5wsjQr3A[/video]

So.......how long did that 117 take? I've been wondering what you've been doing with your time! Bout time you post something! :msp_biggrin:

That Dolmar sounded like it gained another 1500 RPM's after porting. It also sounded like it held those RPM's pretty good in the wood. Nice job. I always like the way you map out your cylinders before grinding.

Great work Stumpy

That thing turned into a hornet, and stayed pizzed off for about 20 seconds. :msp_biggrin: Looks like a 9sec. gain. :rock:

Looks like you had a lot of "meat" to work with on that cylinder. Modern cylinders look more filigran if I may say so. Did it make it easier for you?

A nice running saw indeed. If you don't mind sharing your trade secrets, what do you use to draw your layout lines in the cylinder? Thus far I've been using thing masking tape, but I'm always worried about it sliding.

Great job Stumpy! thanks that thing sounds great and keeps eatin the wood. Do you want me to come pick it up? wow I like it already, for a 31 year old saw, all it needed was stump broke. thanks again.

Great job Stumpy! thanks that thing sounds great and keeps eatin the wood. Do you want me to come pick it up? wow I like it already, for a 31 year old saw, all it needed was stump broke. thanks again.

You can pick it up if you want. I think you'll like it. Still has the same Sachs attitude, just a bit meaner.:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back