Project Stumpbroke Dolmar 5105

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpys Customs

Stumpbroke
Reaction score
I'm gonna do some catching up on some builds I've done. This lil dollie was done a couple of weeks ago. I figured I'd show what I come up with only using all that Dolmar gave me to work with.

This saw is almost brand new.:rock:
100_2449.jpg

100_2450.jpg

Here's the stock vid. Well, not completely stock. It already had the muffler opened up on it.
[video=youtube;1i1mBPMVsKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i1mBPMVsKA&feature=share&list=UL1i1mBPMVsKA[/video]

Last edited:
What are you going to do to it?

Sent from my XT881

What are you going to do to it?

Sent from my XT881

It's already been done.:msp_wink: I delivered it @ the Jasper AR GTG a couple of weeks ago.

My goal with this one was to use only the stock parts. I've heard & figured out that a Husky piston works real nice in these, but the bigger challenge seemed to be getting fair gains out of them with the factory slug.

ALl back together & ready to go. I also built a 7900 for the same customer.
A nice pair of saws.:rock:

100_2485.jpg

ANd here is what the after vid looks like.
[video=youtube;oFGe4k_07Sw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFGe4k_07Sw&feature=share&list=ULoFGe4k_07Sw[/video]

I think there is a vid of it raceing heads up against a ported 346 in the GTG thread.

You're wasting no time getting the most out of the new high speed connection are you?

Nice work as always!

The upgrade is much faster. It used to take 45min to upload a 50sec vid. Now it only takes 5 min.:rock:

The timing numbers. (durations)

Stock
ex 140
tr 100
in 142
Squish .030"

ported
ex 144
tr 108
in 166
Squish .024"

If I'm not mistaken, that 5105 of Heavyfuel's edged out the ported 346 of Andy's in cant racing... I do remember it being real close...

Did you check the compression before and after ? Would it now benefit from higher octane ?
Did you play with the ignition timing ?

The comp was @ 165psi stock. I didn't get a reading after. Maybee Heavy Fuel could take a reading & let us know.

It may or may not like more octane. I don't want this to turn into another fuel thread. All I'll say about that is with any saw, make test cuts to see what fuel it likes best. Remember to retune for each fuel.

I did advance the IGN timing 4 degree's over stock.

Latest posts

Back