Promark 210 Chipper Carb Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpvt

Reaction score
I have a Promark 210, great little machine. Has worked great for years. Until this spring I filled it up to get it cranked and noticed gas flowing out of the bottom of the carb (air chamber). So I took it apart to see what was happening with the gaskets or something else.

I do need a couple new gaskets, which I should be able to make.

I took the float and put it in water and noticed that it has 1 or 2 very small pin holes. It floats, but overtime gas must be filling the float and causing it to sink and letting gas overflow into the air chamber. At least that's my theory.

So that's the long way to ask - does anyone know where I can pick up a float for this? I tried finding it online, or a carb rebuild kit for this, but I haven't found anything online yet. Any other ideas? I don't know of a "fix" that wont off balance the float or that the gas wont eventually eat away.

Thanks!

I have a Promark 210, great little machine. Has worked great for years. Until this spring I filled it up to get it cranked and noticed gas flowing out of the bottom of the carb (air chamber). So I took it apart to see what was happening with the gaskets or something else.

I do need a couple new gaskets, which I should be able to make.

I took the float and put it in water and noticed that it has 1 or 2 very small pin holes. It floats, but overtime gas must be filling the float and causing it to sink and letting gas overflow into the air chamber. At least that's my theory.

So that's the long way to ask - does anyone know where I can pick up a float for this? I tried finding it online, or a carb rebuild kit for this, but I haven't found anything online yet. Any other ideas? I don't know of a "fix" that wont off balance the float or that the gas wont eventually eat away.

Thanks!

Should be a Kohler Engine. Get the Model # and Type # off the engine and visit your local Kohler dealer for any parts you need.

Latest posts

Back