Propane Company Nasty-Gram

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tank

put a light coat of oil all over the tank..... tell them to come get their tank... when the guys show up to take it... they will ask you "why is there oil on the tank?".... tell them "so your boss can shove it up his ###" then walk off...

Last edited:
If you only use propane for the gas range and your climate is mild, a smaller tank is fine. But if your backup furnace is propane, in colder climates the furnace will suck off the gas vapor in the smaller tank faster than the liquid fuel can revaporize. I talked with my propane company about this when they wanted MY tank and they admitted this was true. That fact convinced them to let me keep the larger tank but only charge me rental on a smaller tank, which also means I only have to buy the minimum amount of gas for a smaller tank also (to avoid rental fees.)

I had a run in with the L.P. stealership here several yrs ago. Had been with them since early 90's. I'd already been thru the "we're going to bring you a smaller tank because you don't use enough l.p. to warrant having one of our "bulk" tanks".Yea, yea, but I'm paying rent on the "bulk" tank. and I like topping off in QUANTITY, every 16 months or so when the prices are down. They left the "bulk" tank. Year or so later I had it topped off, and they were 84 cents a gallon higher on their gas than ALL of the other suppliers in the two surrounding counties ! I mentioned this to them and says ya' gotta DO BETTER, shop manager says he can come down a DIME ! I told him I wasn't payin' that kind of money come get the tank. They soaked me for 10% to take the tank/fuel back, not unreasonable I guess, they gotta pay for labor and equipment. I installed the owb and a new hi-efficiency water heater. 200 gal of L.P. lasted me 15 months. Lookin' to plumb hot water into owb this spring. I like having L.P. in reserve for the 90+ furnace as a back up to owb.

:hmm3grin2orange:

100 lb bottles do not need the new style valves. Even if you had them replaced, you could take the floats off. Valves are less than $20, with us anyway.

QUOTE]

didnt say they did need the new style valves..i said,,the co around here would force you to get them,,the ones that tried to screw me...oly

Last edited:
Bought our own 120ga tank just two days before Christmas. Don't know if I'll ever recoup the money vs just paying the rental fee on the one I had, but I now enjoy the freedom of having my own tank period.

I had a run in with the L.P. stealership here several yrs ago. Had been with them since early 90's. I'd already been thru the "we're going to bring you a smaller tank because you don't use enough l.p. to warrant having one of our "bulk" tanks".Yea, yea, but I'm paying rent on the "bulk" tank. and I like topping off in QUANTITY, every 16 months or so when the prices are down. They left the "bulk" tank. Year or so later I had it topped off, and they were 84 cents a gallon higher on their gas than ALL of the other suppliers in the two surrounding counties ! I mentioned this to them and says ya' gotta DO BETTER, shop manager says he can come down a DIME ! I told him I wasn't payin' that kind of money come get the tank. They soaked me for 10% to take the tank/fuel back, not unreasonable I guess, they gotta pay for labor and equipment. I installed the owb and a new hi-efficiency water heater. 200 gal of L.P. lasted me 15 months. Lookin' to plumb hot water into owb this spring. I like having L.P. in reserve for the 90+ furnace as a back up to owb.

what percent was left in the big tank,,when they came to get it????

what percent was left in the big tank,,when they came to get it????

if memory serves me correctly, I had 15% or so, had 'em deliver 200 gal..500 gal. tank..I don't remember being chapped in the arse too bad over the deal,,like I said, they gotta pay a driver and such. And i was glad to be rid of 'em. it was the managers' attitude that really chapped my arse..like he was the only game in town..

Latest posts

Back