PS-7900 vs PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttinscott

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well the NEW PS-7910 are selling, and anyone that has bought them or tried them has been HAPPY. As far as NET Weight for Power Head Only as comes in the box here are the results...........

Stock Dry New PS-7900 per our digital UPS Legal scales 14.8 pounds
Stock Dry New PS-7910 per our digital UPS Legal scales 14.8 pounds

Hmmmm same weight, brattier exhaust note, NO CAT, Adjustable Carburator, 15% better on fuel, cleaner running to keep the EPA happy whats not to like??
as far as gross horsepower well I dont have a dyno But in side by side comparison cutting real Logs burring a 24" bar in hardwood 7900 vs 7910 the power and torque are very close!
The EPA Legal saw is still VERY EASY to Service, and do repairs to no major redesign to the saw..., it does have a SLR Muffler, new Cylinder with top side deco, the new lightweight piston same as late model PS-7900's New crank, new coil and a different flywheel. The carb has adjustment screws and a vent hose off the metering pump cover. So again Whats not to Like I ask?????

Both above models are less weight than the CAT equipped PS-6400

Scott

You better not let Niko read that the 7910 doesn't weigh more. He was just waving that around in another thread moments ago.

Is there any chance the new coil is unlimited??? Nahh, I didn't think so...that would be too easy!

Thanks for the write up Scott, it's nice to finally see some 'real life' numbers.

P.S. Rick I think you should order a 7910 ;)

Well the NEW PS-7910 are selling, and anyone that has bought them or tried them has been HAPPY. As far as NET Weight for Power Head Only as comes in the box here are the results...........

Stock Dry New PS-7900 per our digital UPS Legal scales 14.8 pounds
Stock Dry New PS-7910 per our digital UPS Legal scales 14.8 pounds

Hmmmm same weight, brattier exhaust note, NO CAT, Adjustable Carburator, 15% better on fuel, cleaner running to keep the EPA happy whats not to like??
as far as gross horsepower well I dont have a dyno But in side by side comparison cutting real Logs burring a 24" bar in hardwood 7900 vs 7910 the power and torque are very close!
The EPA Legal saw is still VERY EASY to Service, and do repairs to no major redesign to the saw..., it does have a SLR Muffler, new Cylinder with top side deco, the new lightweight piston same as late model PS-7900's New crank, new coil and a different flywheel. The carb has adjustment screws and a vent hose off the metering pump cover. So again Whats not to Like I ask?????

Both above models are less weight than the CAT equipped PS-6400

Scott

limited or unlimited?

the PS-7910 coil is Limited to 12,800 in lew of the 13,500 on the PS-7900 But like I said side by side stock to stock they are VERY CLOSE I need to test with a broken in saw seeing when we tested them it was a year old 7900 vs out of box 7910. The crank is the same design I believe the timing changed and was told the crank also has been strengthened..

Scott

the PS-7910 coil is Limited to 12,800 in lew of the 13,500 on the PS-7900 But like I said side by side stock to stock they are VERY CLOSE I need to test with a broken in saw seeing when we tested them it was a year old 7900 vs out of box 7910. The crank is the same design I believe the timing changed and was told the crank also has been strengthened..

Scott

:mad2::mad2:

the 7900 IMHO is the greatest saw ever built. I'm glad that the 7910 has not lessened the legend, I just wish they put a coil on it that doesn't require 2 people and a big log to tune the carb...

:mad2::mad2:

the 7900 IMHO is the greatest saw ever built. I'm glad that the 7910 has not lessened the legend, I just wish they put a coil on it that doesn't require 2 people and a big log to tune the carb...

That would make life much easier for us who struggle with tuning by ear.

Dolmar should just install a factory tach/hr meter or a 'red light'. That would make everyone happy :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back