Echo CS-590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks the the filters don't seal well. My 510 is cylindrical filter seals very nice. Mt 360 has no issue with leaks and it has been pulled apart and cleaned thousands of times and still does what a filter is supposed to do. Wonder if some companies will come out with a aftermarket filter that won't have the fine dust seeping through seams. You guys keep talking bout the new echo and all the good stuff is making me hungry. Once the tree removal buis starts up again I may have to indulge in a sweet orange treat

I can't see as it doesn't seal well, the parts fit well together, it just not a really tight or "positive" seal, so a dab of grease or RTV makes absolutely sure nothing will make it into the engine from that area. It's more of a preventative repair than a mandatory one....IMHO....Cliff

I got to run the CS 590 at my dealer yesterday. I have been down the route where they give you a chunk of pine or popple to use the saw on so I took a dry hard Ash that the fiskars only bounced off of.
Saw was only shop warm when we went out beside the parking lot. It started as good as any saw I have started. Was making biskets so easy I asked the dealer if the saw was stock, he only smiled and said basically.
What does basically mean I asked and he said it was tuned and if I bought one it would also be tuned before it left his shop and he would also go thru all the thing's a saw requires to run and saw wood. Told me about people bringing him saws before he did that with the bar adjusters stripped out and the people ******** about cheap crap, when it was their fault for not loosening the bar holder nuts.
Getting the taxes done soon so hoping they are still around about March.

:D Al

Just bought a CS-590-20 yesterday. I've been studying about them for a week or so & could see that was for sure the best saw for the money in that class. I've been using a MS-290 for 10yrs & it has been excellent and still is, have had no problems whatsoever. I have only made a few cuts so far, seems to be tuned perfectly, I'll check it out a little closer after awhile. I will have it tuned & modified perfectly in no time, you can bet on that. I'm thinking it might be best to leave the muffler alone for a little break in time. Not sure on that but I wonder if you don't need to keep some backpressure for it to break in right. Maybe not. I'm not gonna be cutting more than 2 cords of fire wood per year most likely & I'm not physically able to do a whole lot by myself but I have 3 good saws now that will cover anything I need to do. (MS290,CS-590 & MS-250). Would love to hear anymore details others have with this saw. I've been a die-hard Stihl fan for yrs but I'm trying to learn about the major 3 brands now as I'm setting up a Hobby/repair shop for chainsaws now. Next thing on my mine is to decide which Husky saw fits this class and maybe get one to try. I'm thinking it might be the 359. Anyone know? Would it be the competitor to the 290 & 590 ? Sorry for the long post. Larry R.

Latest posts

Back