Puget Sound GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhatte

It's The Water
Staff member
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Gauging interest for a late winter/early spring GTG here in Olympia. Apparently there are some hazard trees in a popular city park that need felled and bucked, and the volunteer opportunity could be a GTG opportunity. Unfortunately, bird nesting season drives falling times, so these things need to be down before nesting. That's all I know right now. My house is about 5 miles up the road from the park and I have camping/lodging and parking space for probably a dozen or so people.

GTG: Get ToGether. Generally lots of people with lots and lots of chainsaws.

Might amble up from here if gas stays cheap(er), Oly is not too far.

I'm down, Cutting and bucking only or its there going to be full removal? Either way a chance to play in a park is the next best thing to clear cutting a golf course:rock:...

I just need a few weeks/months notice of when and where...

I'm roughly 4 hours out... depending on seattle traffic... so camping would be necessary... or passing out in a gutter works too.

For me it's getting time off of work. VAC time is all used up for the year. When is this a gonna happen? May be able to work something out. Would really like to go up there for some cuttin', socializin', and more pie.:D

Most of the cutting that I do now is in a park. Volunteer work is very rewarding.

We shall bring you a shrubbery. The kind with the yellow flowers.

One that looks nice.

python%2Bknights%2Bof%2Bni.jpg

It would be Olympia's Priest Point Park. These are already-identified hazard trees that the city can't afford to do anything about, on or near popular trails. It would be first of March, give or take a week or two. I won't be the one organizing this but I will be able to provide camping space and a place to park.

We shall bring you a shrubbery. The kind with the yellow flowers.

I see what you did there.

Last edited:
Cool close to down town not all the way to boston harbor. Is it close enough to get the rounds out on a trail or were we leaving them .. Eccentric Its not far I run down to Yreka and back at least once a year... And not for yellow flowering shrubs???? Still not sure what that is. If its Scotch Broom you can keep it. By the way with all the yuppie greeners in Olympia I'll be surprised if we aren't picketed.

Latest posts

Back