Puking out B&C lube, NOT running???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawGarage

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
Puking out B&C lube...while sitting on the floor (saw is NOT running)???

I have two saws...

a Stihl 028S

and a

Husky 55

i just disassembled both, and detailed them (the 028 two weeks ago...it was leaking even before cleaning....) While letting the 55 air dry on the walkway, laying on it's flywheel side, I come home, and the chain lube has leaked out all over the clutch side of the case...probably two ounces+... and the 1st time I wiped it all off this morning...so 4 oz or so, total:jawdrop:. Coming out of the oiler. I've never seen it make a mess, and it's been sitting on the wood floor in the shed for 2 weeks (probably too caked with saw dust to leak...)

The 028S did it while sitting in my wife's trunk (don't ask...lol) and after complete disassembly on the sidewalk..

:confused::confused::confused:

Anythoughts?

Thanks Guys!!

Last edited:
SawGarage

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
hmm...

talked to a local guy tonite...said it might be a couple things, mainly to do with the breather for the bar oil....

mentioned that sitting on it's flywheel side, it's coming out the oiler vent. the sun might be pressurizing the tank (from sitting in the sun...), and coming out the oiler vent, cause it's at the top flywheel side of the saw....

anyone have any other thoughts???

IT seems my Stihl does it NO MATTER which way it sits.

J

Latest posts