Pulled the trigger - 372XPW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headleyj

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger yesterday on a new 24" 372XPW. Dealer was real cool - owner lives down the road from me and his #1 guy is my neighbor.....they loaned me a 372xp to try out for free and I loved it. It sliced through 44-48" Poplar like it was cheese and I leaned on it.

Got a fair deal, not killer, but I think (hope) I've begun to establish a good relationship with them, being that I bought a Dixie Chopper from them earlier in the year too.

Hope to have it tomorrow and planning on bringing it to Erick's GTG - maybe someone can ensure it's tuned properly, being it's new. I'm pumped!!

Well I pulled the trigger yesterday on a new 24" 372XPW. Dealer was real cool - owner lives down the road from me and his #1 guy is my neighbor.....they loaned me a 372xp to try out for free and I loved it. It sliced through 44-48" Poplar like it was cheese and I leaned on it.

Got a fair deal, not killer, but I think (hope) I've begun to establish a good relationship with them, being that I bought a Dixie Chopper from them earlier in the year too.

Hope to have it tomorrow and planning on bringing it to Erick's GTG - maybe someone can ensure it's tuned properly, being it's new. I'm pumped!!

Thats cool and those dixie chopper are a bad @ss mower as well:cheers:

Cool!!!! We'll all get to break in your new saw!!!!!!!:chainsawguy:

Mike

Congrats on a great saw, I pulled the trigger on one this spring and they are awesome saws. I have a 455 Rancher and I rarely if ever break it out anymore, no need the 372 is great all around saw. Wait until you get 10 or so tanks through it, then it really comes to life. Like someone said on this site, it cuts wood like it is mad at it.

Get you some loops of Stihl RSC chain (84 Drive Links) for that 24" bar and your good to go. The stock Oregon chain gets dull real fast.

I'll have some 372 jungle mufflers there that you could put on your saw with a muffler mod.

What the heck is a jungle muffler? If you have modded 372 mufflers for sale that are in good shape I may be interested in purchasing one if the price is right. I have a 372XPW also and was thinking about modding the stock muffler but am thinking if I can find one that is already modded I may go that route and keep the stock one stock so I have it to put on if I ever need warranty work or something.

ive had my 372xp forawhile now. the one thing i cant get over is the anitvibe , it is stinkn smooth. cuts like a bat outa hell too.

i run mostly oregon lgx and the full skip lgx aswell as stihl rsc rsf rslk. i cant tell a difrence in ones abitlity to stay sharp over the other. thats the reason the lgx is nudgn the stihl chains outa my chain line up.

but i cut mainly doug fir a soft wood. i guess hardwoods eat oregon for breakfast least thats what i hear

Brad, I also would be interested in a Jungle muffler if they are new. PM me how much you want for one.

BTW, congrats on your new saw Headleyj. I also bought a 372xpw a week ago.
Lovin it, but only have an hour or two of run time on it.
I paid 750 for mine out the door with a 28 bar on it.

Rick

Latest posts

Back