Pulpwood mill in Va.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried to get contract haulers ,there are just none around, I dont know about the sawmills that Ryan is talking about but around here the mills are not interested in hauling , they have alot of companys that bring the wood to them .

Not taking pine logs? Man that sounds strange. You really need to contact your local extension forester and talk to them. That stuff is some fine sawtimber, I bet it would be worth your while.

Yeah I doubt you'd find anyone near here to do it but south of here they do alot of logging of pine near the Eastern Shore. Seen alot of trucks on the way to Willliamsburg, King George or Westmoreland areas. That's only about 1.5 hours for them, might be worth it?
They were hauling some very small pines too, looked like maybe down to 6" on the small end.

Va, I didn't mean you should haul the logs down to where I am, I don't know HOW you came to that conclusion. What I meant was that the logs have value and the prices I told you were to the mills I deliver to. That was to give you SOME idea what they might be worth. Mill prices vary GREATLY!!!! One mill down here pays $150mbf another one pays $200mbf and the other one currantly buying white pine pays anywhere from $50-$275mbf according to grade. The others pay a flat fee for everything down to 8''dib. You should be able to find someone up there who buys white pine.

Va, contact John or Scott Lowe, Lowe Products, Shepherdstown WV. They have a mulch plant here and have trucks running to the "City" daily. Shame to see that kinda timber go to mulch but better than the dump. Scott also has a few tub grinders for sale.

Latest posts

Back