Purchasing Wound Sealant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmore

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Where do you get your tree wound sealant? With what companies do you make the purchase? What product?

Orange shellac, available anywhere. I'd try your concoction if only you take a pass on the patent process and share it.

Cmon man, out with it!~:blob6:

Orange shellac?

Guy, how long does this orange shellac last and provide a seal when exposed to UV and weather?

Sometimes extra coats are needed; it is not a magic bullet.

Now, what about your stuff?

Why would you want to trap pathogens in a tree? Is speeding up decay/diseases your idea of job security?????:eek:

NEWTS

Guy, I am thinking of debuting my concept soon, maybe tomorrow. Mind you, it may entail sacrifice on the part of the applicator, but I believe that it may well be a sound approach. It's a shame Masterblaster won't be around to share in the exaltation and glory.
TheSurgeon, ... NEWTS? Are you not yet aware of NEWTS?
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17805

clue me in

Originally posted by TheSurgeon
NEWTS? They're also trying to find an alternative to oil! You in??????
I saw a thread relating to a bar oil alternative but now I can't find it.

Originally posted by Mike Maas
Nick, we should start the Royal Order Against Sealing Trees (ROAST). Then we could ROAST the NEWTS!
I'm with you! And no topic is off-topic.

Speaking of that, I found an old picture of you.

18513.jpg

Royal Order sounds good, especially with your blue-blooded history. I propose the next meeting at Eddie Martini's steakhouse, paid for out of the NEWTS treasury.

Nick, we should start the Royal Order Against Sealing Trees
Mike, that name fits you well:)

Unquestioning and immovable adherence to traditional authority, like a serf to a king; absolute loyalty to absolute dogma. You abandoned the discussion about heading to nodes, and now this. Your mind seems to be as decayed as the ragged ends of those pink boards.:(

I hear there's E. coli at that steakhouse; eat hearty!:p

Originally posted by Nickrosis
Royal Order sounds good, especially with your blue-blooded history. I propose the next meeting at Eddie Martini's steakhouse, paid for out of the NEWTS treasury.
That sounds like you are no longer interested in this endeavor...just like a woman, fickle. Pretty little thing like you ups and changes course...just wants to be wined and dined.

Available compounds

I contacted some sponsers of this site and both Sherrills and Baileys sell TreeCoat. I do, on occasion, use TreeCoat to seal the cut on the understock of a grafted Ginkgo. It leaves a mark at the graft union and helps to locate the union years down the road. That is the only reason that I use it. I use other compouds for other uses on different species.

Examples (new school/ old school): crown reduction/ topping,
Mike, this is about the 38th time you've called me a topper, with no basis. Not all issues can be reduced to a dichotomy; ya gotta think a little sometimes.

You can either put up the pink boards again and defend your anti-crown reduction position, or or lob more sarcastic hand grenades.

ps they're all duds so far. :p

Latest posts

Back