Purple or Pink Husky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yup, my very-soon-to-be seven years old niece wants her own chainsaw. In purple, or pink, the color is still being decided. How much better can it get?:clap::clap:

So I told my wife we could take our present 137, and paint it purple with yellow flowers on it. My niece would just keel over in happiness.

The fact she calls me "dad" is going a long ways towards my decision. So what kind of paints will make this last and look good?

You can get stickers by the greeting card section in your local Walmart, or other retail establishment. The My Little Pony ones do not stick well. The Tinkerbells tend to lose their arms and legs quickly. So far, the Barbie stickers have been the most durable. I still have to give the My Kitty stickers a test.

Or you can go into the crafts section and there are stick on jewels!

Hey that is a really good idea. She's into Snow White right now. I could cover them with a few coats of clear-coat to protect them. I need to do some more searching to see what paints Master Brad uses.

I think you have just found a use for a Bedazzler. Oh, and Kylon fusion paint is supposed to work well on plastic.

I think purple is more popular amongst the younger set. And, I don't think the saw will be doing a lot of riding around in the back of a pickup exposed to the elements like Twinkle so you should have longer sticking times for stickers. Take some pictures. I might want to paint the Barbie Saw...:)

is she gonna run full comp, semi skip, or full skip??? what size bar is she gonna be runnin??...hahahaha priceless, dont forget to port that baby and muffler mod it so she can outcut dad.....or uncle

prime the plastic with a plastic primer first. then you can paint everything with automotive paint rattle cans. Some of the metal flake colors look really cool. Then apply stickers to the dry color coat and seal everything with some clear coat.

My daughter LOVES stickers so we have alot of them. Stickers with metallic backing (its actually refective mylar) stick the best and are the most durable.

Brad uses Stihl's grey I believe and gets the orange from somewhere else I think if I remember correctly

Yup, my very-soon-to-be seven years old niece wants her own chainsaw. In purple, or pink, the color is still being decided. How much better can it get?:clap::clap:

So I told my wife we could take our present 137, and paint it purple with yellow flowers on it. My niece would just keel over in happiness.

The fact she calls me "dad" is going a long ways towards my decision. So what kind of paints will make this last and look good?

That's real sweet dad. You're a nice guy. :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take pix, but I'll have to do this later during the summer, it is too cold right now.

Oh, after the port and muff mod, maybe a 16" with .404 Full-Comp and an 8-pin sprocket to pull it.:dizzy:

I thought the same thing, I've seen carb posts not get this much attention!!

You got that right...I have a carb question burried on page two or three by now that nobody is interested in ;)

Stickers are great. They have made potty training so much easier and they work great for getting a kid to brush their teeth. Do not under estimate the value of stickers.

I vote purple. Unfortunately, you're not going to find a tractor/implement paint in purple. So if your hardware store can custom mix up a pint of implement paint. If you want the ultiment in fuel resistance, use a single stage acrylic urethane. It's pricey though!

Why don't you just get her a Wildthing? They are already mostly purple in their color scheme. And while you are in there you can get the stickers and other stuff in the toy and arts and crafts isles! Some sparkle tassles on the front handle......huh huh, whatta ya think?!!?! JJuday

Back