Push mower suggestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmorton

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My old push mower is shot and i have to get a new one in the next couple of weeks. Having a hard time picking one out. Seems like the Husqvarna 7021p is getting good reviews from what ratings i see online. Which ones would you suggest??? Prefer not to have a self propelled.
Thanks

Look at a Toro. I have a 21 inch bagger from 1976 that still runs strong.:redface:

Although, the neighbor has a nice Honda push mower that looks well built too

Stay away from all the garbage at the box stores. Find a good local dealer who can get ya a quality mower.

Get a used jd jx-75. 6.75 HP Kawasaki and blade brake clutch. One of the best at bagging mowers around. It is not quite as good at mulching. Honda hrx217hya is a good choice if you mulch most of the time, but is not that good at bagging.

Honda honda honda

Without a doubt go with a Honda. Very well built with excellent engines that will last forever if you take care of it (routine PM, winterzing if you live somewhere that gets cold in winter, proper use - avoiding tree roots and curbs:smile2:) Toro's are good too but nothing beats Honda pushmowers in my opinion.

Like an earlier poster said, avoid the big box stores like the plague when it comes to purchasing just about any outdoor power equipment. It may say Toro, John Deere, or Stihl but it's usually their low-end junk. You may pay a little more at a lawn and garden equipment dealer but you'll get a much better piece of equipment that will more than likely last long enough to more than offset the cost difference. Plus, you'll have access to better (and possibly discounted) service support should you need it for PM (if you don't want to do it yourself) or other issues.

Latest posts

Back