Quadrafire 4300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
One of my stoves is a 4300. I used it in town with a through the ceiling kit and never had a problem with drafting. Last December we moved out here in BFE and there is no surrounding at all besides flat farm grounds and with the roof set up I had to install a through the wall kit on the 4300 and now I have a serious back draft issue when the wind is blowing. What are your thoughts and do they make a fresh air kit for this stove?

how tall is your chimney and how tight is your house , will it draft right with a window open?

are you getting this while running the air controls wide open or closed down?

I run a 3100 step top a through the roof chimney strait up I think 22 feet from stove top it sticks out of the roof 6 feet to get it 2 feet higher than everything around .
my house is not any where near air tight it is a old with old windows that leak.

if opening a window makes it draft right , then I would install the outside air kit https://www.stoveworld.com/Quadrafire-Outside-Air-Kit-831-1780-p/2rpala780.htm

Back