Question about a Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScooterInWI

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an old Partner P100 that I like to use when cutting up larger trees for firewood. The problem is that last year the sproket in the end of the bar gave out and the largest replacement bar I could find was 20". I've sorta been on the hunt for a 32" or 36" bar ever since and I was hoping someone with a lot more knowledge about older saws, suppliers, difference in bars, etc. would be able to help me out or point me in the right direction. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Scott

ScooterInWI said:
I have an old Partner P100 that I like to use when cutting up larger trees for firewood. The problem is that last year the sproket in the end of the bar gave out and the largest replacement bar I could find was 20". I've sorta been on the hunt for a 32" or 36" bar ever since and I was hoping someone with a lot more knowledge about older saws, suppliers, difference in bars, etc. would be able to help me out or point me in the right direction. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Scott

check with bailey's

First off, welcome to arboristsite!

As for your bar, I agree that it is odd that Oregon and others only list bars up to 20" for that saw, though their online selector is not 100% and never gives results for bars longer than 36", despite the fact that we all know they make 'em. I'd call or email the folks at Bailey's, I'm sure they could set you up.

Any bar with the large Husky mount (Oregon D009) should fit the P100 if the selector guide isn't off, but I believe the original pattern was D005.

Bring your saw and the old bar to a Husky, Jred or Oregon dealer and see if it fits.

Last edited:
No one can recommend a helpful supplier unless they sponser AS.
Admin rules.
If we step out of line, we get banned from the site.
Sorry.

Oh yeah, and welcome.

musch said:
Admin rules.
Sorry.

Oh yeah, and welcome.

:monkey: Thats a new one. No one can give advice or recomend a source unless they are a sponsor Interesting.

Bill

Apparently, its not a new one.
I was banned for recommending a local saw shop.
So watch yourself.

This is the message I received.

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Does your local guy support this forum? Didn't think so, Read rule # 1"

I have also come to learn that you can be banned from the site for the content of your PRIVATE messages. So make sure you don't send anything in PM you don't want whomever to read or know.

musch said:
I have also come to learn that you can be banned from the site for the content of your PRIVATE messages. So make sure you don't send anything in PM you don't want whomever to read or know.
That's right - but there is a simple solution.
If you want to discuss something that you think the mods doesn't approve, ask for the other parts direct e-mail adress, don't do it trough the AS system.

Thanks

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for the welcome and all of the suggestions! Oregon said 20" was as big as they had and I just got an email off to Bailey's, so I'll see what they say. If they don't have anything I'll let you know Bill. Thanks for the offer. Otherwise I know there are a few Husky and Jred dealers around here, so I can run the saw in there.

Thanks again,
Scott

musch said:
Admin rules.
Sorry.

Oh yeah, and welcome.

Well that sort of sucks :chainsaw:, while I totally agree if you have the option please support the board sponsors, if you did not have them we would no have this board. I also totally agree that they pay to sponsor the board you really should not be giving their competition free Advertising space on the board. But to censor PMs is going a bit far, unless it is spamming to steal business from a sponsor or bad mouthing a sponsor, what is the real harm.

But we have all had times when we find a good deal at a local shop or find a gadget/part/etc. that someone else is looking for on a non-sponsor store or Site.

ScooterInWI said:
Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for the welcome and all of the suggestions! Oregon said 20" was as big as they had and I just got an email off to Bailey's, so I'll see what they say. If they don't have anything I'll let you know Bill. Thanks for the offer. Otherwise I know there are a few Husky and Jred dealers around here, so I can run the saw in there.

Thanks again,
Scott

You can always have a new bar modified if you can't find anything! Just something to keep in mind. Also, like SawTroll mentioned, a large mount husky might work...factory mount for that saw was an Oregon D005 mount. D009 shouldn't give you any troubles fitting up, and those bars are readily available up to 42+ inches. Other info you might find interesting is that P100 was rebadged as a Pro Mac 1000 and sold under the Mcculloch name.

Good luck looking for your bar. If you intend on keeping the saw and want a VERY nice bar, let me suggest a GB CNTi40 Titanium bar. Great bars, and not much more than an Oregon. Several of our sponsors sell them. Email me if you want more info.

Josh

musch said:
Apparently, its not a new one.
I was banned for recommending a local saw shop.
So watch yourself.

This is the message I received.

"Edited out so I don't hget hit for quoting a PM quote...bump_r"

Can't ya also get gigged for quoting a "private" message? What a REBEL!!!:rock:

Success

I just got a reply from Bailey's that the large Husky mount (HU) will work. That is the D009 correct? They have one at 32" which should be fine.

Thanks Four Paws for the info on the rebadge under the Mcculloch name. That will help me find parts in the future.

Scott

New bar on the way

Just wanted to say "Thanks" again to everyone who helped me out here. I just ordered a 36" Oregon Power Match bar from Bailey's and I can't wait to see how the old Partner handles it ;)

-Scott

gatkeper1 said:
The P-100 uses the D009 Oregon mount
in 32"
320RNDD009 for .050 3/8"
328RNDD009 for .058 3/8"
36" they only list for .063 3/8" chain 363RNDD009
Fits well with what I tried to say......:cheers:

Back