Question about Dolmar and Husky.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my 395xps will run circles around my 7900 in large wood. If you are just using them to cut small limbs, I don’t think you would notice much of a difference in cut speed but your lower back shure will. Something sounds amiss. Bring the 390xp back to the dealer for a check up.

Well, if the 390 is tuned to only reach 9600 rpm, that is the problem. Otherwise, if the 390 is tuned to 13000 rpm max, then I would pull the muffler and have a look at the piston.

I have one question.
Why should I tune the 390 to 13000 , since it is factory tuned to 9600?
Why is the 7301 tuned at 13500 performing very well and not the 390? Does this has to do with something?
I'm sorry if that's a stupid question but relatively new here and I'm trying to figure this out.

I have one question.
Why is the 7301 tuned at 13500 performing very well and not the 390? Does this has to do with something?
I'm sorry if that's a stupid question but relatively new here and I'm trying to figure this out.

:msp_w00t: You are comparing max power (hp) rpm and max "allowed" rpm - no wonder you become confused......

I have one question.

So when it was all done, what was the verdict? Is your Husky 390 now running as it should or was there something more to it?
BTW, glad you're enjoying the 7301.

I went to distributor's service cause my dealer didn't have the tool to check the rpm's.
They told me the saw was tuned to about 10.500 rpm.
So now everything's fine and as an other member said , the 390 shows it's power in large wood.

Angelos

I went to distributor's service cause my dealer didn't have the tool to check the rpm's.
So now everything's fine and as an other member said , the 390 shows it's power in large wood.

Angelos

that is way too fat tune the 390 to 13000 RPM as it should be the 9600 is max power under load

Angelos

:waaaht: That is shockingly far from how it should be tuned - something is seriously wrong with both the dealer and the distributer, if that is what you was told.

Surprised that nobody's yet mentioned possibility of deposits clogging port/screen.

Would be a serious suspect with lightly used saw running way rich. Bet you could track the CO/HC plume from that one.

Hello to everyone.
I have a question about my Makita DCS 7301 and my Husky 390xp.Both are new and no mods on them.
I use a 20 inch bar on the 7301 and a 24 inch bar on the Husky.How can it be that the Dolmar is faster? It has better torque and it never stops while cutting in the wood. Is it because of the different bars? I know this might seem stupid to some of you but I'm not experienced in chainsaws and I was expecting the 390 to be much faster than the 7301.
The Husqvarna dealer said everything's fine with the saw. Thought it may needed carb adjustments.
I'm telling you the Dolmar cuts like crazy.
I just cut wood for my fireplace so buing a 20 inch bar to test the Husky is out of the question.
So , what do you think?

Thank you,

Angelos

im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-im-pretty-sure-its-aliens.jpg

Latest posts

Back