Question about putting a roof over the wood pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to get a picture of a very large building on my property and put it up. I am going to use it in a packaged wood business and have to get some ideas on how the wood will do inside a building. It will have all most no sun and very limited air flow but will be very dry. I also have the option to use a old large wood stove in it to heat the area if that would help. Any thoughts?

From what you have stated so far I would build a long and kind of narrow maybe 4ft wide and 8ft tall or taller and 24 ft long I would not enclose the sides but would have a watertight roof stack 3rows the full length kind of like the old time corn cribs I still see out in the fields though no one uses them anymore just my 2 cents

I am going to get a picture of a very large building on my property and put it up. I am going to use it in a packaged wood business and have to get some ideas on how the wood will do inside a building. It will have all most no sun and very limited air flow but will be very dry. I also have the option to use a old large wood stove in it to heat the area if that would help. Any thoughts?

If it gets warm inside and you have some airflow, even Fans to move the air around it will dry wood. if it's just stagnant non moving air it won't be good. the wood you put in it adds moisture to the air, you need to be able to move it out. you can put dry wood into a closed room but fresh cut will take a while since the moisture will hang around.

Latest posts

Back