question about xpW model husqvarnas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wap13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have come across quite a bit of info on the R model stihls. I havent seen so much on the W model huskys and the like.

My question is do the huskys a Jreds with full wrap handles also come with larger clutch covers and high out put oilers like the stihls, or is the wrap handle the only difference?

Sometimes, no, and not really.

Standard clutch covers on the 372/2172 are the same parts as on the 390/2188. The 390/2188 W models come with the larger clutch cover, but the 372/2172 W's do not. Obviously, you could put the 390W cover on a 372W if you desired.

No change to the oilers. They oil pretty good when on the high setting.

All W models come with larger bucking spikes, so even in the case of the 372W, the handle isn't the only difference.

Sometimes, no, and not really.

Standard clutch covers on the 372/2172 are the same parts as on the 390/2188. The 390/2188 W models come with the larger clutch cover, but the 372/2172 W's do not. Obviously, you could put the 390W cover on a 372W if you desired.

No change to the oilers. They oil pretty good when on the high setting.

All W models come with larger bucking spikes, so even in the case of the 372W, the handle isn't the only difference.

Thank you sir, I appreciate the info.

I am wanting to get/put together a 372xpw and was looking to see if it would be cheaper to build one or buy it.

Latest posts

Back