Question for the British members

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazdmc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Or anyone that knows the answer.

What are the laws on removing fallen trees from land in Britain, and more precisely, in Scotland? I know where there are a couple of Oak trees that came down in a storm around 18 months ago and am wondering if it it legal for me to cut them up and remove them. I have been searching on the internet for 4 hours now and can not find any information at all. The second question is, there is a large area near me which has been felled for timber etc. The good stuff has been removed but there are large heaps of wood left over that still contain lots of Silver Birch that I could cut up and burn, again this has been sitting for quite a while. Do they just let this rot, do they burn it all down, or can I legally go and just fill a trailer up. It just seems such a waste for all this wood to rot away and go to waste when I could chop it all up and heat the house with it
Any info or pointers to web sites with info would be much appreciated

cheers
daz

its a matter of tracking down the land-owner and asking permission....

good luck

I think you would need the owners permission. I to have been looking at all the logged area's around us and the pine guys, just leave all the small hardwoods cut to rot. can't see why they wouldn't want you to collect other than the nature taking it's course and the tree's goodness going back to the earth.

not that a few trailer loads would have much effect.

Latest posts

Back