Question PPE - Eyewear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64030

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Looking for input from fellow glasses wearers. I used to wear contacts, still do but have increased the amount of time I wear glasses over contacts. My dilemma -- What eye protection to wear. With contacts I have a good set of safety glasses/goggles, but my eye glasses are far from that... I bought a face screen, but really not happy with it, maybe it takes a while getting used to the thing. So what do you wear with your eye glasses? Are there any good goggles that fit over glasses? besides those old high school chemistry class goggles?

dw

Looking for input from fellow glasses wearers. I used to wear contacts, still do but have increased the amount of time I wear glasses over contacts. My dilemma -- What eye protection to wear. With contacts I have a good set of safety glasses/goggles, but my eye glasses are far from that... I bought a face screen, but really not happy with it, maybe it takes a while getting used to the thing. So what do you wear with your eye glasses? Are there any good goggles that fit over glasses? besides those old high school chemistry class goggles?

dw

Get a good pair of perscription self darkening safety glasses and get used the screen. I like safety glasses they will not break or shatter and I do not work in contacts. Just my preference I guess

Get a good pair of prescription self darkening safety glasses

Yea, I'll probably check into that this week.... well maybe not the darkening type, but maybe just some w/ a slight tint. I normally use either the shooters yellow, or I have some reflective coated glasses that really have very little tint on them, just enough....

dw

I found these and they work great.

Guardian Safety Glasses

I get them at "Lab Safety" the 12$ ones are a bit heavy. The extra weight is for stronger frames, better hinges, and softer ear pieces.
The 6$ ones are the ones I like most. They are so light I can wear them for a long time. I got the clear, yellow, and dark ones. The dark ones are a shade 4 and good for the sun, snow and I even use them when using a oxy/acl torch. I mostly use the clear or yellow when running my saws. They do help with the chips and dust that would get around my daily RX glasses.

Ted

I wear a Stihl helmet with the ear protection and black steel mesh half face screen. It does the job and won't fog. Works well over my glasses.

i wear Uvex over the glasses model they are ok but take some getting used to wearing two pair of glasses was thinking about a
full over the head full face shield. I have been liking the helmet with a screen idea more and more .

I like the concept of the screen but I don't like wearing one. To me they are just too stifling. I do like glasses that cover the largest amount of eye area though, so I went to Lowe's and just tried some on until I found what I was looking for.

I wear a Stihl helmet with the ear protection and black steel mesh half face screen. It does the job and won't fog. Works well over my glasses.

and you don't have swet geting on the lens of the glasses and resticting vision :cheers:

Steel slivers spun off from sharpening a chain have gone thru my face screen. Too close to the eyes scaring the sh%t out of me. I now wear safety glasses under the screen.

Yes, I know, belt and suspenders; why not ? "Life is short...then you die."

I wear the face screen over my glasses. I also have a pair of mesh screen goggles for glasses that I got from Baileys. Similar to those BugsEyes type goggles.

and you don't have swet geting on the lens of the glasses and resticting vision :cheers:

Unfortunatly I wear prescription lenses, and they still get sweat on them... :mad2: Wore contacts for years, but as of late it is like my eyes are rejecting them. I have the face screen, and like it but just simple things like wiping my forehead, or the best spitting while wearing it is not so easy :)

I took some of my Santa money and orderd me a pair of persription safety glasses.... so I guess that should solve the problem.

Thanks all for the input.
dw

Back