questions for the experts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneadam12

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
A while back i asked some questions about limb saws and several suggestions and comments, however, I have yet to make this much desired purchase, but I am closing in. Lakeside made a suggestion for km110 and i was wondering if the fs110 was just as good with the attachment?

It would be the same. The advantage of the KM with attachment is their is a three foot extension available for it that you could not use on the FS unit. If you choose to go with the KM you will not be disappointed at all. There is also a KM90 available and coming very soon a KM130 that is rated at 1.9 HP. I hope I am not making this too confusing.

"Just as good" = ???? Just as good can mean lots of things, depending on the particular user and the specific task at hand. The only way to know whether one thing is just as good as another for your purposes is to buy one of 'em and try it out. If you don't like it or if it doesn't meet your needs, sell it and buy something else.

One of the greatest advantages of buying good equipment is that it is pretty easy to sell when you're done with it or if you're dissatisfied with it. So I wouldn't get too hung up on the money side of it, 'cause you ought to be able to get most of it back should you decide to sell the unit and try another.

Justmow summed it up correctly! Apart from the ability to add an extension, the units are identical. For my money, I'd pay the extra $40 and have the flexibility of the KM unit.

The KM130 should be available in all areas now.

thanks lake. the price hasn't been an issue yet, as i have not priced them. I was just looking at the stihl booklet and could not see any difference except for the attachment method. Both look good, hopefully i can find out how good soon.:biggrinbounce2:

RED-85-Z51 said:
What is a Limb saw?

Is it like a power pruner?

Yes exactly...by common usage, however, stihl also makes a "pruner" that snips off branches, and sits on the same shaft... Confused? :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back