quick question on how to strap your spurs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdobler

Reaction score
I use Buckingham spurs. I need to know when you strap on your spurs do you wrap the heel strap once around the spur bar or do you just wrap the heel strap around your boot and back into the buckle? I saw a pic of this recently, but my straps just *barely* reach back to the buck when I do one loop around my spurs.

Thx, Carl

I wrap my straps around the spur shank once. It helps to keep them from moving around so much when using them.

I'm fairly new climbing with spurs and I started out just going around the boot but then tried wrapping the shank one turn and I like it a lot better, more stable.

You can get a longer strap if it's not quite reaching the buckle enough. The top and bottom straps are different lengths. Guys with large calf muscles usually have to have a longer top strap.

bz262 said:
you don't really climb in sneakers do you?
Ha, ha. Not usually, but it has happened. Usually when I go up to my folk's place for supper. Suddenly my dad remembers he has a couple of trees he needs me to climb and rig for him (usually after I just stuffed myself). Often seems to happen after a long day in the rain, or after a day working over a creek, or some other wet reason, and my boots are still at home drying. And of course none of my brothers or my dad have feet my size, so I can't borrow their boots. But the rest of my gear is on my truck, so up I go in sneakers.:laugh:
Wouldn't recommed it though-hard on your arches.

Latest posts

Back