quick splitter fix question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyMike

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a MTD with a B&S engine. Well the pull rope broke on me. It seems that there is a metal guard over where the pull rope winds. This metal guard is riveted down. How do I access the rope to replace it, or do I have to unrivet that thing?

Thanks

I have a MTD with a B&S engine. Well the pull rope broke on me. It seems that there is a metal guard over where the pull rope winds. This metal guard is riveted down. How do I access the rope to replace it, or do I have to unrivet that thing?

Thanks

can you pry it to install the rope or is it riveted both sides?

broken rewind rope

The engines fan housing is also part of the engine recoil.

The fan shroud will have at least five bolts which hold the fan housing to the engine block on Briggs engines they are either 5/16 or 3/8 bolts and you can remove it (the fans shroud and recoil)all in one piece and take the housing to a small engine repair shop and they will replace the rewind rope for you and reset the coil spring which rests in front of the rewind spool at the same time.

The engines fan housing is also part of the engine recoil.

The fan shroud will have at least five bolts which hold the fan housing to the engine block on Briggs engines they are either 5/16 or 3/8 bolts and you can remove it (the fans shroud and recoil)all in one piece and take the housing to a small engine repair shop and they will replace the rewind rope for you and reset the coil spring which rests in front of the rewind spool at the same time.

Should take no longer than 5 minutes with a pair of pliers and a long flat blade screw driver...

recoil starter

Tried it and nope.

The fan shroud should have 5 bolts attaching it to the block,

2 bolts holding it to the valve cover head and two located on the sides near the fan curvature and one hidden bolt at the bottom of the fan shroud.

Back