quick stove fan ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftovercrack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
yo

here's the deal

my old stove had a blower that had an automatic setting. The fan would turn on and off depending of the stove temp (maybe 120 F).

my new stove has a blower but its either on or off.

I need to make my new stove blower like the old stove blower

what do i need?

im not looking for a $60 magnet stick on plug thing

just looking for some kind of thermo switch i can wire in.

just cant figure out what the part is actually called.

old stove regency f1000
new to me stove pacific energy super 27

Thanks

Why not try a large ceiling fan with on rheostat? You'll find it's a lot easier to keep an even stove top temp AND move the heat to the far reaches of the house without a blower...at least that's my experience.

Unless you have an insert.

Last edited:
ya Im just looking for the name of the part

The blower on my stove rocks. I need no other fan to circulate the heat in a 2400sq' house. My stove is at the far end of the house in an 700-800sq' addition and the blower faces the only entrance to the main floor. The addition has two ceiling fans but with high ceilings it doesn't direct it to the rest of the house. Heat rising isnt a bad thing for me either. At the peak of the ceiling i have a 8" thru-wall fan that goes directly to the 2nd floor. Most of the time i never run the thru wall fan but when running it establishes convection in the house. So basically i have the circulation down. I just need to fine tune my setup while also saving a little electricity.

so again i need that little thermo switch thing that tells my fan blower to turn on and off depending on the temp of the wood stove.

Last edited:
thermal switch

here is a link to one.. about 3/4 way down the page
http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/fireplace/fireplace_overview.htm
Optional Thermal Switch. This can be added to any of the following units, that do not come with this switch. Simply place it in line with the power, mount the switch in such a manner that will allow the fan to come on as the fireplace gets hotter and will also turn it off as it cools down.
Switch closes at 110º F
list for $6.45

thanks eric that exactly what i was trying to find

ps nice jeep

please tell me the dana 30 and 35 are long gone

LOL dana 30 still up front.. It is a cj.. It had a model 20 in the rear from factory. Not it has a 44 in the rear. 456 gears detroits front and rear. 360 bored .60 over. t19 tranny

Latest posts

Back