Quitting with wood burning?!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy her something.:popcorn:

I was thinking the same thing! Figure out some amount of money, call it the amount you save by heating with wood, then spend it on her for a gift or trip. Of course, she might want a gift every year from now on...

Not for me. That's a durn fine woman I got here! :rock: Wouldn't trade her for a world full of chainsaws and standing dead oak and no taxes. :msp_biggrin:

It's 8 AM and I've got our first fire going right now. Feels pretty good, and she, like I predicted, has suddenly decided wood heat is not all that bad. Still, I think a new stove is in order. This Lopi Leyden is junk junk JUNK! I know many of you like Lopi, but you probably don't have the Leyden.
I saw one stove on here a year or so ago that was exactly what I wanted, but they don't make them anymore for the EPA shut them down - cost too much to do the emission testing. :bang: Dang EPA. If they want the test they should pay for it themselves.

Anyway, now the thread should be "what stove should Uncle Moustache get?" I did lots of research before, but every company says great things about their own stoves, and I wasn't really able to find a site with good reviews about different stoves. Help?!?

Well, which stove where you looking at before? Might be a gently used one someplace, that could be shipped. Couple different ways to search all of craigslist, but the easiest is just "blah blah, site:craigslist.org"

And 8 kids means..WOOD SLAVES!!

hahaha, pretty soon you shouldn't have to do nuthin once the logs and rounds are at home....

Dave has said it all. My heat pump changes to the oil furnace for emergency heat at around 35F degrees. Even in Maryland I am saving about as much as Dave and that $500 is after tax money. SWMBO has stopped complaining about the stove itself but I still gat grief about how the stacked wood has ruined our yard.

ruined the yard??? sheesh,,she worried about a beauty contest or sumpin???? :msp_rolleyes:

You could, and it sounds like you are a home remodler, insulate your drafty house so it would take less wood to heat it. Then there's less of a mess.
This advice doesn't go over very well on this forum though.

Obviously before formulating an answer, pics of said red head are in order.:msp_unsure:

View attachment 317633

Hmm - can't get the pics in at all now.

Never heard of a wife that didn't like a wood stove. Learned something new...

Good stove does make a difference. My wife loves the Jotul! :msp_smile:

With 8 kids it's cheaper for unclemoustache to pay for oil LOL

Put a wood furnace in the basement or you could always get a pellet stove .

View attachment 317633

Hmm - can't get the pics in at all now.

Stache- you could always let her know that if you keep burning with wood, you can afford that vasectomy you've been saving up for....

All the fun with no installment plan to pay back later.

Seriously, why were you having all them bisquit eaters for, if you weren't planning on making them useful around the house? You wife has done her job, she shouldn't have to lift a finger, except to wag it at you to come hither... ;)

Man this is an easy one. Have her pay for the heat with her money. Then have her pay to have your wood hauled away that you would generally bring home. Sit back with a few sweatshirts on and watch some football. Enjoy every moment, for it wont be long for her to say unc light the fire the kids are cold. It really would be her, but they won't admit it.

Never heard of a wife that didn't like a wood stove. Learned something new...

She likes the stove and the heat - she doesn't like the mess, the hassle, the mess I make in the yard, etc. Nobody dislike that glorious heat!

Man this is an easy one. Have her pay for the heat with her money.

Her money?!? :msp_confused: What's that? My money IS her money! I'm the only breadwinner around here. :msp_thumbup: I think if I can drag my lazy butt out of bed and get a fire going before she gets up, then half the problem will be solved. Still, that's a tough thing for me to do.

Latest posts

Back