Quote or pass this job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take the job, but I would not grind the stumps. Just rent an excavator and dig the stumps out. Won't be more than a few hours a stump with a decent sized excavator. Then all you need is a little soil and some grass seed.

Excavator might be overkill:hmm3grin2orange: Then what to do with the huge rootballs? Even my little grinder wouldn't have much trouble with grinding through chainlink, just make sure you cut as much away as possible first. If there's a post grown in there might be a little more work.

It would take a pretty large excavator to lift those rootballs. Drop them a couple times to free the soil. Then 2 trips with a dump truck to haul them. They are 12-15 feet across and 3 feet thick. Current plan is to drop the grinder off, haul the limbs and slash to the dump. Cut the trunks with a saw as close as I can without hitting the fence. Then take the fence apart and cut the bottom below the fence. Grinding will be an issue because the rootballs have a 2-3 foot hollow under them. As I am a one man band, I think it will take 2-3 days to complete this job.

Plus it has been near 80 degrees. I hate the heat. Rain is predicted.

Let 'er buck!

Your plan sounds like a good one. Cut out as much as you can with a saw and then grind baby grind!

Hack out as much fence as you can. Then cut the stumps. Include the cost of new chains into your quote.

Good Luck!

BOB

Latest posts

Back