Race results?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsjunkie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I thought it might be nice to have a place to post contest results.
I know there was a contest up in Quebec and one in Webster springs W.V. this past weekend.
I have not gotten all the results from Webster but I did hear that they broke some records.
If anyone knows the results, would you please share them with us?

Not sure but in 0-81 cc
1st Jerry Ginagras
2nd Remi Gagnoon
3rd Charles G.
4th Simon or his brother
in the open class Stumpy was not sure but he thought it was
Donald Lambert, 250 honda was first, i will find out tonight more ok

Webster Springs results in Hot saw
1st Phil Helsel 4.2
2nd Paul Cogar 4.4
3rd Cliff Helsel 4.5
4th Bill Cogar 4.8

12" round Poplar, 3 cuts, cold start.

If the records are correct in the Lumberjack records, Phil broke the worlds record by .07 of a second. Congrats to Phil and also to Cliff whose saws ran 1-6 on qualifying day and 1-4 in the finals. As it looks now all of these contestants plus Gerry Gingras and a few more will be at the Luther and Evart Mi. shows, so if you want to try against the best come on out. Everyone is welcome !! If it is at all possible let us know if you are coming so we can adjust our wood supply.
Dave

May have made a mistake Cliff Helsel informed me that he thinks there may have been 2 times that were slightly faster than Phils last year. I will see if I can find out and post them.
Dave

Dave I believe Paul Cogar cut a 4.07 sec. something like that last year, at least that is what i heard, I have to get talking to the guys that went to Quebec because the guys i talked to were not 100% sure on the placings but in the open it was hard 16 inch wood and was told 3- 3120's broke on Saturday , glad they were not mine because when they break it is a real mess

Stumpy was wrong like normal
open
Gaston 4.80 16 inch 3 cuts cold start
2nd Donald
3rd NBlogger .005 between him and Donald
4 th Jerry G
5th Trevor

underhand Cecil Star won
crosscut Gaston and Donald won
and i guess Jerry cut a 3.79 in the small class
3 cuts 10 inch wood cold start
Remi was 3.81 Charles was 3.83

i heard Bush and Slingerland won the crosscut, and Bush won the all around, most points of the day , there were some guys from down under there so it should of been one of them in the chops but you never know

Talked to Arden & Carol Cogar yesterday and she is going to send me the full results of the Webster show, soon as I get them I will post em.
Dave

Back