Rae's Flannel Fest 2018

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Lucky Guy that I am, my Wife Really enjoys wood cutting and wanted her own Chainsaw:) so she got a Husqvarna 445 for Christmas. When she told people that she got a Chainsaw for Christmas I got some Funny Looks:confused:, when She told people that she REALLY WANTED a Chainsaw for Christmas, SHE got some Funny Looks:confused::confused:.

Her Birthday was in January, but after she decided what she wanted to do, she didn't actually have the Party until February 10th, She decided to have a Lumber Jill themed party, and had about 30 Gals show, most of whom had a lot of Fun with the theme.

I thought that I would share some pics of the night they had.

[photo=large]5020[/photo][photo=large]5002[/photo][photo=large]4998[/photo][photo=large]5007[/photo][photo=large]4986[/photo][photo=large]4995[/photo[photo=large]4992[/photo][photo=large]4993[/photo][photo=large]4996[/photo][photo=large]5001[/photo][photo=medium]5012[/photo][photo=medium]5017[/photo][photo=medium]5019[/photo][photo=medium]5013[/photo]

Doug

I hate to admit, that she did all the planning and most of the cooking herself, she knew just what she wanted, and was very Happy with the results. The lady that did the cake does some very impressive work, she does some that put Rae's cake to shame, but it was just what she wanted. I did make the split log candle holders and "Smorecupine" desert holders myself, had several Gals comment that they wanted one, and that I should sell them.

The lodge is part of our neighborhood HOA, and with the Knotty Pine and Beam interior, it worked really well, plus just a refundable cleaning deposit was pretty appealing too;).

The Sausage and Cheese platter, was another of my contributions, pretty much expect to get that request at any Family or Friends gathering.

Kevin, it is too bad that your Rae, doesn't have as adventurous spirit, we really enjoy going up in the woods cutting firewood, but also down to the Nehalem Salmon Fishing and crabbing, we enjoy a lot of outdoor activities together.

Doug

I thought that I had a picture of the candle holders in the original post, here you go:) pretty simple project, but they got a lot of compliments

Doug
27858477_10213086102281469_4668810927857926872_n.jpg

My wife watches the kids while I cut and split wood. She grew up with wood heat and loves it but I would never hand her a saw or ask her to cut anything. If I got lucky she would drag the branches into the woods... My 3 year old has been doing that for a while now lol. I'm not going to lie I like the me time processing fire wood.

Mustang, my Wife really enjoys going up in the woods cutting firewood, she likes running the splitter, and one day while I was limbing some logs, she watched and then said "I can do that!!" so I handed her my little Husky compact 23 top handle, and she went to town limbing. After that, she wanted "Her Own Saw", I felt the 445, was the ideal Power/Weight/Price combo for her, she is really looking forward to breaking in her new saw. I got a 13" bar for it, thinking that would be easier to learn to keep the bar out of the dirt, and avoid hitting other branches and logs with the kick back zone of the tip. She was NOT impressed when she saw the 13" bar on her saw:nofunny:, but she will listen to directions, especially ones regarding safety, so with some instruction I am sure she will do fine, she does really well with a Salmon Rod as well, not to mention, she holds up her end of the deal when she is on the Net too :)

[photo=large]4877[/photo]

[photo=large]4880[/photo]

[photo=large]4881[/photo]

Some of our best times were just the two of us up in the woods, or out on the boat, even when we don't get any fish, but Catchin is even more Fun than Fishin:yes:

Doug:cheers:

I'm not sure how well I'd enjoy seeing my wife swing a fiskars or a 12lb sledge but helping limb would be nice. Or even cutting up the small stuff. O well I guess there's only 1 man of the house so I'll do my job.

Hi Mustang, I'm not sure I would want to be all that close to my wife swinging an Ax, or splitting Maul Either;), but she does like the DHT 27 ton splitter that we have. There aren't a lot of women that would enjoy it, so who am I to complain:).

I tried to find a 445 with a 16" bar, but everyone that had them all had the 18" B&C, she thought the 18 looked much better than the 13" on her saw, but we will let her start with the 13", I don't see her cutting anything that the 13 wouldn't handle. I have found times when even though the weight of my 266XP wasn't an issue, the 24" bar was a lot of over kill, but the job was still more than the 23 Compact was really suited for. I'm thinking a 550XP with a 16" or 18" B&C would be a Nice option to have:innocent::yes:.

My Wife doesn't find much interest in or much support for my Model Railroading Hobby, but she says that "Chainsaws are Useful" and " That you can't have too many", so I am not about to argue with her on that:)

There are several guys on here though that have collections that MIGHT give her a second thought on that though.

Doug :cheers:

Do you need special glasses to see the photos? my Cracker Jack glasses don't see a thing.

hanniedog, I don't know why they wouldn't be visible to you, they are still showing for me, and others seem to be able to view them.
Unfortunately, I am NOT much of a Gadget Geek, I don't know how to help you, I wish I did, but maybe another member has a similar problem and can advise you.

Doug

Back