ramsplitter log splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodhaine1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Has anyone used a Ramsplitter h25? Seems like a great value. Perhaps too good? I'd like to know any feedback people have. Thanks.

Not that great a deal? Looks like it's $1600-$1800 depending on the engine you choose? Also the tires are way too small and it's too low. You'll kill your back the first day with a splitter that low. You want to be standing and have the wood at you waist level when splitting horizontally. There's allot of units around for the that money or less that are designed a bit better IMO.
Look at Tractor Supply (Huskee's I think) or Braves. but anything with 5-6hp an 11gal per minute two stage pump and a 4" cylinder will be all you need for home firewood.

Thanks, I didn't think about the height factor. The Huskee seems great, but I can't find one in Washington. The Brave does look like a good option, I will pursue that further. Is there anyone who could give feedback on one of these Brave units?

My dad bought a brave back when

Must have been early eighties.. I still use it.. It has split hundreds of cords of wood.

I own a ramsplitter and it has been great for me. The height is perfect for pulling up a chair and working the splitter sitting down. We always have one man feeding the wood and another man running the splitter. Works great for us. I typically run this splitter all day long at least one day per week. Never any problems.

Doug stands behind his splitters and will build one just the way you want it.

Back