Random pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Was working on replacing some bearings and just thought the bike looked so sexy naked, all that exposed aluminum and sooo dirty, hahaha:greenchainsaw:

My uncle was in the 82, bil and cusin in 101. I took the clippers to the dog, Me and him were drinking some beer the night I got layed off and this is the end product.

From a recent hospital project I worked on... part of their back up power system. The three generators combined are 9700 HP. The first car I owned was 53HP.

attachment.php

I miss working on those beasts. Thats a 3516 cat motor. She's an old design engine wise but we had it updated to teir III emisions when I left to go work for Cummins. I can point to three items on that engine that I designed.

How about a pic of my first stump? This was a dead standing Doug Fir a little over a foot across but fairly tall. It had a good lean 90 deg to the right of where I wanted it to fall but with a push went where I was hoping.

This pic is a little deceiving, it looks as though the face cut goes half way through the tree but was actually only about a third of the diameter.

attachment.php

These show where I was aiming. I wish I would have taken these before bucking it into firewood but they were taken as an afterthought. To get an idea of the height of the tree it fell across the large down log and reached just across the road in the first of these two.

attachment.php

attachment.php

All I know about felling trees is what I've read here so if you have any criticism I welcome it. I think I can take it. :D

How about a pic of my first stump? This was a dead standing Doug Fir a little over a foot across but fairly tall. It had a good lean 90 deg to the right of where I wanted it to fall but with a push went where I was hoping.

This pic is a little deceiving, it looks as though the face cut goes half way through the tree but was actually only about a third of the diameter.

attachment.php

These show where I was aiming. I wish I would have taken these before bucking it into firewood but they were taken as an afterthought. To get an idea of the height of the tree it fell across the large down log and reached just across the road in the first of these two.

attachment.php

attachment.php

All I know about felling trees is what I've read here so if you have any criticism I welcome it. I think I can take it. :D
it went safetly where planned didn't it, job well done.

Back