randy made it fast and loud

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is absolutely gorgeous! A good friend still has a 2100 that he bought new in the mid-late '70's or slightly later, (still has the receipt). I'm still hoping to end up with it off of him... That saw is a beast now. I could only imagine it AFTER meeting Mastermind!

That looks great Ricky.

There's a clear that can be shot on over the decals to make them last. Maybe someone here can tell us more about that treatment. It was a real pleasure restoring it for you.

257832d1350520532-002-jpg

They tell me that about 4 very light coats of Dura coat about 4 hours apart,will seal the decals and make them fuel and oil proof.The ultra light coats will keep the decals from bubbling up.The last ,or 5th coat can then be put on pretty heavy for a final seal.I bought a decal set for my 266 and thats what the instructions said to do,havent done it yet tho.

They tell me that about 4 very light coats of Dura coat about 4 hours apart,will seal the decals and make them fuel and oil proof.The ultra light coats will keep the decals from bubbling up.The last ,or 5th coat can then be put on pretty heavy for a final seal.I bought a decal set for my 266 and thats what the instructions said to do,havent done it yet tho.
I have messed with Duracoat for a few years with my firearm refinishing business. Works great on composites, plastics, wood, etc. The instructions you were given sound about right. Make sure you get the glossy instead of matte. The matte clear will make your decals look a bit cloudy. The stuff is pretty easy to work with if you've sprayed anything before. It does take a long time to cure before it's ready to get fuel on it so keep that in mind. (3-4 weeks and don't rush it!)

Wow...... I need to send my 2100 to the chimp, that's beautiful !

Can't wait till Norm sees this..... have your soap on a rope handy, he'll be sportin wood. :D

and pretty too. here are a few pics of my husky 2100cd that i just got back this week. randy had it powder coated, and i had the to covers painted and put new decals on it. oh yes, she runs sweet after randy ported it. don't have any videos of it, but it will get a thorough work out this winter. hope you enjoy the pics of a nicely restored saw.
View attachment 257831View attachment 257832View attachment 257833View attachment 257834View attachment 257835
Very nice! One of the best models, and saws ever built. Even in stock form. I love em.

Latest posts

Back