• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Randy's personal Poulan Pro 655BP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought this saw from Randy a few months back when his "cattle craze" began. He got it from Shaun srcarr52. Ive been after one of these for a long time. Jumped at the opportunity to buy it from Randy. I cut for the first time with it this weekend, but if I kept it, it would just be a shelf piece. The kids helped me today raking up the chips after I played for 2 hrs, and we sat down and started brainstorming some cool things we could do to their playhouse. I really got wrapped up in their ideas, and came to the determination, that making these "ideas/dreams" a reality for them is more important to me than owning a saw that I wont use regularly.

This saw will come with the 32'' bar you see in the video and pic and a chain. bar will have to be shipped seperate.

Price is $750 shipped 48 cont. I figure it will cost me $75 to ship the saw and bar insured, so $750 is my break even #. Paypal as a gift.

Poulan Pro 655BP.jpg

Ive thought of that.... but this is for a greater cause- my kids.

A dear friend who I wont disclose his name (but it's similar to Jon12twelve):D sent me a pm yesterday morning out of the blue entitled " they're just tools".
I'll share his opening remarks.... but leave the rest of the conversation private.
"Steven,
I have a lot of fun messing around with saws, and the goofballs that share the joys of messing with them.

Though I have learned a very valuable lesson this very painful last year. It's all just a distraction from reality."

I didnt grasp the significance of his remarks, until I was working with my kids... who like always are right beside me (Im basically tripping over them) just bc they want to be involved. It can be the most boring task.... and they are right there with me in it. So while cleaning up we got to talking about their playhouse and cool ideas for it. I got so wrapped up in the ideas that I was literally "transported" from my reality as a 32 year old man back to when I was 7 years old and my Papa built me a treehouse. My children are 4, 5, & 8. Im running out of time to make that memory with them. As this world deteriorates, children are drifting away from their parents at a younger age than ever before. I want to make the most of this time.

So, sell some saws. and then I can get busy.

A dear friend who I wont disclose his name (but it's similar to Jon12twelve):D sent me a pm yesterday morning out of the blue entitled " they're just tools".
I'll share his opening remarks.... but leave the rest of the conversation private.
"Steven,
I have a lot of fun messing around with saws, and the goofballs that share the joys of messing with them.

Though I have learned a very valuable lesson this very painful last year. It's all just a distraction from reality."

I didnt grasp the significance of his remarks, until I was working with my kids... who like always are right beside me (Im basically tripping over them) just bc they want to be involved. It can be the most boring task.... and they are right there with me in it. So while cleaning up we got to talking about their playhouse and cool ideas for it. I got so wrapped up in the ideas that I was literally "transported" from my reality as a 32 year old man back to when I was 7 years old and my Papa built me a treehouse. My children are 4, 5, & 8. Im running out of time to make that memory with them. As this world deteriorates, children are drifting away from their parents at a younger age than ever before. I want to make the most of this time.

Amen to that!

I just like the looks of those saws. They look like a custom hot rod. And I don't know what a boost port does but it sure sounds cool too! :D

"Steven,

I can relate. Past, present and future.

"Steven,

good for you steven. yer in the same position as i was in when i was when i was 10. i had way to many saws and even at that age it disgusted me.......plus i needed dope money :laugh:. sent probably 30 down the road and kept 3. a 266, 288, and a 2100. then i just smoked dope and used my most favorite saws everyday. after months of doing it that way i had a relapse and aquired a bunch of saws again but again said to myself "what the **** are you doing" and sent them down the road. i hate being all cluttered up with saws. i work on powersports and marine stuff as well so need room for all that. now i do have more then i should but all of them are users in a different cc range so i can live with that. got a couple buddies saws here and a few projects for the winter but i'll never let it get out of control again.. i actually like to have one saw of a certain cc range so i can put a ton of hours on it. that way i can actually kill them once in a while and get a new one. i feel like a really don't have CAD as i don't just aquire saws like an out of control mad man. i only aquire what interests me which is very few these days. i understand you are crazy about saws but all you really need is an earthquake LOL but of course you can always go overkill with a 288 ;) for the record, i don't smoke dope or use any drugs at all now. heck i even quit smoking 5 months ago and started in 99. i do like my whiskey and beers though.

Back