Rare positive warranty experience

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had to take my Echo CS590 in for a repair. Oiler just quit working. I knew I could fix it myself, but it was still under warranty, so what the heck. Took it in, told them the problem, and was told the next day it was covered. After they received the parts, they repaired it and gave it back - no questions asked.
Probably the easiest warranty I have ever experienced.
Just thought I would share since so many others have had negative experiences.

Only warranty work I had done was on a Husky split boom trimmer. Had three replaced no if ands or buts. Told the guy on one it had no spark from coil. Second one was the same. Third one would stall out the minute I would try to trim some tree limbs. I didn't even bother to see what was wrong with it, wasn't but 2 weeks old and still on its first tank. Forth one so far has been the charm. If echo had a split boom when I was looking I would have got one, minus the pain to adjust carb they use.

Steve Sidwell

My Echo cs400 is over 10 years old and has been great. Only fuel filters and air filter cleaning. Did do the muff mod.

Steve Sidwell
Forgot to mention, best dang saw I ever bought.
And the biggest turd until muff modded. Well that how my 520 was. I baught it new and thought it was an underpowered POS untill i gutted the muffler. Its a whole new saw now. My go to saw.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I got mine off Craig’s list for 75 buck new in box a long time ago. Kinda a go to saw for larger cleanup. No warrenty issues. Starts easy and is dependable.
View attachment 797916

That's a good thing because there is no warranty unless its purchased from an authorized dealer.

I was going to get an echo chainsaw because of the 5 year warranty but I wasnt impressed with any of the echo dealers in my area. Plus i wanted to muff mod/tune it.

I've heard the stories of denied coverage too but i feel like that's rare compared to no hassle warranty claims. Its just that people tend to post negative experiences when they happen much more than hassle free ones.

Back