Rate this guys Stump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of expert fellers in my days but this guy/gal beats them all. What a clean cut! Does look like a bit of barber chair but - hey - it went where he wanted it to go. I just can't figure out how he got it down to the river, which is behind the stump 40 feet down a steep bank made of large jagged boulders. :dunno:

attachment.php

I threw one of my gloves in so you can see just how big the tree stump is.

Enjoy!

attachment.php

My wife and I were out hiking a couple months ago along the river, and marvelling at the logging the beavers were doing......Like you say, there were some big stumps and the logs had already been skidded.:bowdown:

Have you guys ever herd a beaver chewing on a tree? I was hunting one night several years ago and kept hearing this loud grinding noise. We like to have never figured out what it was. We seen there house they build, which looks like a big pile of sticks piled up lol. Finally herd some splashing around and figured out what they were.

Anyways, they sound like a piped and ported 044.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have you guys ever herd a beaver chewing on a tree? I was hunting one night several years ago and kept hearing this loud grinding noise. We like to have never figured out what it was. We seen there house they build, which looks like a big pile of sticks piled up lol. Finally herd some splashing around and figured out what they were.

Anyways, they sound like a piped and ported 044.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now I'd love to hear that. Did have one swim directly under me (almost between my legs) one time when I was using a float to fly fish.

I had one dart between my legs too, but I also found a complete skeleton under a Birch that the beaver fell. Up where I moose hunt they stack rocks when theres no trees.

Hey Carl cool pic. I'd like to do a timed cut on that critter that's a pretty big stump for a little guy. Wonder how long it took him to do it. Hope all's well with you.
Joe

I have only seen 2 of them that were that size. I did flush cut them. While I was at the local Stihl dealer I had them with me. I showed it to them. They gave me $150 each for them. Now I hate that I sold both of them. If I ever see another I am keeping it.

Ray

Latest posts

Back