Rats in woodshed??? GRRRRR how to get them out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like stealing cattle.Not a joke.

Method #2
1. Get shotgun filled with rock salt and round.
2. Get night vision goggles or very large spotlight and camera.
3. Wait.
4. Shoot low around crotch height or butt.
5. Enjoy.

Rock salt really doesn't have any weight to it. For you to do any damage at all you would be close enough to use alternate means.

Of course, looking at that photo from Asia, maybe we should be breeding and raising rats as an export food item. Probably be easier than raising sheep!!

UUUMMMM AAAAHEMMMM, that pic is not form Aisa, its in British columbia canada I think, if you look at the sign in this pic, there is one that says autoplan, thats Auto insurance, which in only called that in BC, Canada. This pic is from the series of pics of the rats.

attachment.php

Where I live was heavily infested with rats when I moved here. The owner lived here until he was put in a nursing home and had left a stockpile of grain and bird feed. The out buildings,porch of the house were loaded as they had 2 years without human interferance.
I took away all the grain, bird feed , etc. and put a lot of poison out and kept it out until the rats were gone. I think about 1 month took care of the problem. I got a cat to do the rest and seldom encounter rats any more but once in a while I,ll spot some activity. Always try to eliminate as much as you can their food source and make it easy for them to get at the poison while protecting your other animals from eating it. I have had cats get to rat poison and witnessed them vomit it out but am not aware of it killing them. I understand rats and mice don't vomit so it kills them. Don't go after them half heartedly, but be aggressive and be careful not to kill anything you don't want to. Same with moth balls. Use plenty and keep them up and they will repel most animals most of the time.

The only reliable and easy way to catch rats is a cat. If you chose to trap them, you will need 3 or 4 different kinds of traps and alternate the style and locations regularly.

If you are going to trap, my choice would be,
Victor snap traps w/peanut ziptied to them & a wire lanyard on them tied off to a piece of firewood.
The 5 gallon bucket.
A couple of live traps with peanuts ziptied in them.
I have a Ratzapper 2000 also and they work good if you keep them out of the moisture.

edit: and if you live trap rats there is an added bonus. Their buddies will hang around so when you check your live traps keep your 357 loaded with shot just in case. Throw the trap in a trashcan full of water when you catch one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back