Reaction Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed Roland

Ed Roland

Addicted to ArboristSite
Can you tell I have spent the last 5 weeks immersed in the Wulkowiczian cambium philosophy? :confused2: He sits at the table and chews his data with his mouth open. I sit across from him and stare at the crumbs that fall about the table and try to decipher them like a shaman might tea leaves.
My new friend is a delight to spend time with. We do argue as often as not.

Last edited:
John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
He sits at the table and chews his data with his mouth open. I sit across from him and stare at the crumbs that fall about the table and try to decipher them like a shaman might tea leaves.

I thought he was supposed to pee in a gourd for you to drink, but I guess that was just for ergot mold on the wheat.....

treeseer

treeseer

Advocatus Pro Arbora
I thought he was supposed to pee in a gourd for you to drink, but I guess that was just for ergot mold on the wheat.....

:jester: After doing St. Vitus' dance with Bob at many a hoedown, I'm glad to see he has some fresh me--I mean young blo--I mean, an energetic spirit to engage. I took his crumbs to be snot rockets, and returned fire until we both could breathe no more. :taped:

Y'ever git stung by a dead bee?

Ed Roland

Ed Roland

Addicted to ArboristSite
:jester: After doing St. Vitus' dance with Bob at many a hoedown, I'm glad to see he has some fresh me--I mean young blo--I mean, an energetic spirit to engage. I took his crumbs to be snot rockets, and returned fire until we both could breathe no more. :taped:

Y'ever git stung by a dead bee?

Martyr is as martyr does. Whatever can be said about "associates" (and some very knowledgeable men wrote about the subject) they do associate. I have a desktop screen full of information about the cambium at the moment when I normally might not. No, Bob and I do not agree on everything but the learning comes from the experience.

We have to speculate before we can demonstrate.

Besides, Bob spins a great yarn.

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
tension wood forms under a limb, compression wood forms on the topside of a limb, reaction wood forms as a result of growing conditions, ie: growing on a slope, prevailing winds,"a reaction to the conditions"

Like this?

This is a cross-section of the horizontal part of a limb that curved out and upward vertically as a small extra leader of a Deodar Cedar.

185128d1306272599-deodar_stem600-jpg

Corymbia

Corymbia

ArboristSite Operative
Like this?

This is a cross-section of the horizontal part of a limb that curved out and upward vertically as a small extra leader of a Deodar Cedar.

Its a great example! unfortunately you have probably chipped he rest but several slices through the entire limb, for a foot or two either side of the bend, would really show it well!