Ready for winter!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazdik

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, I think I'm ready for the cold and white stuff...got some oak, cherry and some maple from the neighbor's who had some nice trees taken down..they know I burn so they have them cut and limbed and I take care of the rest...My next door neighbor is going to have two more big maples taken down this fall..more for me!! I think I'm good for this winter and the next two as well. By the way I love this site..I don't post much, but I do read a lot. Keep up the good work. Also all the piles are two rows except the one on the far left.

Do you guys think I should keep the unsplit logs uncoverd this winter so they don't dry out to fast?

Thanks guys and gals!

Steve:chainsawguy:

Last edited:
Split it and get it to dry. Can't dry too fast. I prefer to keep all my wood covered, also.

Thanks for the tips...Due to my yard set up that's the best spot for me to stack the wood ..I've been stacking it there for about 3 to 4 years and it does dry out fairly well..the sun does hit the wood for about half of the day. I also leave about a foot between the rows to allow for air flow. But I may start splitting the other wood for 2009-10..thanks again!!

Steve:chainsaw:

So hows come you dont post? Join in even if you dont know what you are talking about,,,,
it dont stop some others, LOL:popcorn:

Thanks for the tips...Due to my yard set up that's the best spot for me to stack the wood ..I've been stacking it there for about 3 to 4 years and it does dry out fairly well..the sun does hit the wood for about half of the day. I also leave about a foot between the rows to allow for air flow. But I may start splitting the other wood for 2009-10..thanks again!!

Steve:chainsaw:

Not to worry about the 'sun hitting it' Sun shining on a wood pile has very little effect on drying time. Air circulation is what does the job.

Good point about splitting and piling though. Unsplit rounds and unbucked logs tend to deteriorate.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back