Battery chainsaw comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishahaulic

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone, due to some issues with my back, and my age I'm looking for a small battery saw just for yard work/cleanup. After much research, I think I've narrowed it down to two models. First one is a Stihl MSA 70C, next is a Husqvarna 120i, just wanted to get some opinions good or bad from any current users.
Thanks in advance

If you're sticking with those two options, I would say go for Stihl. I've tried a couple of small battery saws, and if you're looking for one that's cheap but does the work, off-brand ones work fine. I have an IMOUM one, works sufficiently for yard work.

I have an Ego chainsaw. It's taken a couple drops but keeps running well. It's great for a little backyard pruning, or when I'm up in a tree and want something a little more maneuverable. It's a 60v system, and has good power for it's 16" bar.

That's all I can offer on the topic. Good luck!

I have a husky120i that does good for me. It does have a battery leak down problem solved by just removing the bat after every use, thanks youtube.

Latest posts

Back