Really.....Really Weird Day !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Last Sunday I spent the morning back at the barn working on a few saws.The first was an 064 that would start and run for about 2 minutes or so then fall flat on it's face.
First thought was coil related, but she had fire and the plug was damp.Checked compression at 60lbs.. Bingo !!

Went and worked on a Jred that has been giving me a fit for a year now.Finally found my air leak. It was at the nipple on the base of the cylinder.Small hole right on top,right against where the fitting mates with the cylinder.Had to pressurize and dunk it to find.
Now I finally get to find out if this 2055 really is the hotrod it's made out to be.
14,800 running fat and she smokes my 036, hotrod? all true.this ones a keeper for sure.

Okay back to the 064, fires right off and almost exactly at 2 min.s dies.Off with the cylinder.
The rings are siezed in the landings so tight I had to chip them out a little piece at a time. Piston looks good and the cylinder is perfect.

What I'd like to know is how did it start in the first place? The rings were so tight in the grooves they were below the surface of the piston?

Running bad (gummy) oil?

Detonation?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back