recomended cylinder porting for a 575xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who the :censored: is Dave Nieger?

Dave Nieger is a highly respected long-time engine builder. Big Dave was building hotrod saws likely before you were born, or close to it. Dave built one of the hottest running Homelite 750s that dominated timber shows in the midwest for years before being beat by some of the top-tier Canadian builders. I saw the insides of an 090 Dave built for some hotsaw racers in California and that was a trick engine. It had a Tillotson HL-334 on it.

I don't think I'd mod that 575- There's a reason they made a 576. I had a 575 and things did not end well. That's all I'm gonna say.

Dave Nieger is a highly respected long-time engine builder. Big Dave was building hotrod saws likely before you were born, or close to it. Dave built one of the hottest running Homelite 750s that dominated timber shows in the midwest for years before being beat by some of the top-tier Canadian builders. I saw the insides of an 090 Dave built for some hotsaw racers in California and that was a trick engine. It had a Tillotson HL-334 on it.

That's cool to know a well known builder so close to my house.

I had the pleasure of spending over an hour at Dave's shop talking w/ him and his wife. Absolutely great people! He then showed me "his little project" was a 346XP and all I could say was WOW when he fired it up, that saw was SICK! I'll try and find his number if your interested.

I had the pleasure of spending over an hour at Dave's shop talking w/ him and his wife. Absolutely great people! He then showed me "his little project" was a 346XP and all I could say was WOW when he fired it up, that saw was SICK! I'll try and find his number if your interested.

Did you say you aren't bringing the salmon steak to the GTG this year? I was just thinking you ought to bring Big Dave too.

i know a lot of people with bad a good things to say about the 575 mine has about 350 hrs and no problems yet

There was a metallurgy issue in a run of the early PTO side crank bearings in the 575 as well as a jetting issue in some of the early Zama carbs but those issues were addressed right away. The 575 can be a good runner with careful maintenance. I'm hearing good things about the 576 locally from casual users, no pro guys have bought one yet.

Latest posts

Back