Red Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red elm is the cats a$$ in firewood, SS. Get a longer bar and go skip chain, unless you need a 660. Or borrow Vadalay's saw, then ship it to me for evaluation.

If I had to pick one firewood to burn for the rest of my life it would be red elm, the stuff is awesome!

Ya, Red Elm is great stuff, probably next in BTU's to Shagbark Hickory and probably as tough, but more resistant to rot.
If you do an advanced search and type "Red Elm" as the keyword and my username you can find pics and additional info about Red Elm.
John

Ya, Red Elm is great stuff, probably next in BTU's to Shagbark Hickory and probably as tough, but more resistant to rot.
If you do an advanced search and type "Red Elm" as the keyword and my username you can find pics and additional info about Red Elm.
John
I did just that, You guys got me exited to go get it. Supposed to storm this afternoon or i would be over there. I never burned none of it, Only elm i ever messed with was Piss elm. It isn't worth nothing.

Red elm is some amazingly hard stuff. Thats one type of wood to cut in the dark. you won't believe the sparks that come off the chain. Some of that stuff's like concrete

Be nice to have a dozer to push the trunk around. I'm gonna get the oak first cause it needs to go. The elm is not in the way. I'm gonna try and get all the oak i can, But the trunk is more than my bar will do. I hate to buy a bar and chain for one tree. It's raining now or i would be over ther workin on it. I want to get a good pic of the elm for ya'll to see. I'm just gonna have to look it over closer. Don't know what i will do about the part in the house. The limbs off this oak are as big as the trunk on this elm.

You need a dozer or an excavator to pull that bad boy outta the house.

Damn, I wanna see the pics.:rock:

Be nice to have a dozer to push the trunk around. I'm gonna get the oak first cause it needs to go. The elm is not in the way. I'm gonna try and get all the oak i can, But the trunk is more than my bar will do. I hate to buy a bar and chain for one tree. It's raining now or i would be over ther workin on it. I want to get a good pic of the elm for ya'll to see. I'm just gonna have to look it over closer. Don't know what i will do about the part in the house. The limbs off this oak are as big as the trunk on this elm.

Look at buying the bar and chain as a draw with the money they will save you on your future heating bills. :)

Sounds like a deal, Come on down. Since you won't be loaded coming down. It will be free then i live about fifteen miles from the place and you can haul it home from there.... Lets see, 15 miles x $10. $150 to deliver the tree here. Done. Bring it on.:D

When we doin this? I need to fuel up :laugh:

That bar shouldn't bog it down too much long as you don't lean on it.:laugh:

No it don't, I took the doggs off for that reason.

Back