Red Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about that and may do it if i think i am able to handle this thing. Those chunks would have to be noodled at least ten times each for me to handle.

Not sure about the elm, but the big oaks I've come across the last couple of years split like a charm with the fiskars. No noodling needed.

May do that. I've cut some big oaks before, But never one this size.

Not sure about the elm, but the big oaks I've come across the last couple of years split like a charm with the fiskars. No noodling needed.
I can't even imagine tryin to bust one of those oak rounds with a maul. Hell, I could't pull the pieces aprt if it did bust it.lol

I can't even imagine tryin to bust one of those oak rounds with a maul. Hell, I could't pull the pieces aprt if it did bust it.lol
Maybe Cj could set em up on the ends so's art can bust em.
Watchin little people work as a team is charmin.

That is a tree from your generation. As far as splitting it, you gonna hafta go double Mad Dog on it.

Yup, Shoot, If ya want i will pick you up somewhere and we can go look at it tommorrow after work. I usually get home about 4:30.
I usually get home a bout 5:30 but tommorrow I get to hang out at the VA,should be home by 3 tho.Got some parts ordered for my 460 to pick up in town when I get back,should be good to go by 4 or 4:30.
PM me and I'll give ya my cell.

Back