Redmax online sales policy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedanman

Just cut the piano!!
Reaction score
Redmax has joined the ranks of power equipment manufacturers to ban internet sales of their products. I quote from the notice.
"RedMax does not allow the sale if its products over the internet. All products are required to be set up and serviced with the proper safety/operational information given at the time of delivery by an authorized dealer employee. Failure to comply with this policy may result in loss of dealer status."

Now Amicks will have no lines to sell on the internet, I worry that they may have to survive on the business that actually walks through their doors............How will they ever get by?

Well considering that Redmax is now owned by Husqvarna this was an expected action for them to take.

tanin no fukou wa mitsu no aji?

Last edited:
Redmax has joined the ranks of power equipment manufacturers to ban internet sales of their products. I quote from the notice.
"RedMax does not allow the sale if its products over the internet. All products are required to be set up and serviced with the proper safety/operational information given at the time of delivery by an authorized dealer employee. Failure to comply with this policy may result in loss of dealer status."

Now Amicks will have no lines to sell on the internet, I worry that they may have to survive on the business that actually walks through their doors............How will they ever get by?

Why are you getting a paycheck from them?

Thanks Sedanman for your caring and thoughtful words. I wouldn't lose any sleep worrying about me if I were you. Our Store does good business as we sold over 500 ( I know the numbers but I'll keep the figures to myself but give you enough info so you won't worry ) RedMax products that were hand delivered last year in our Store. Our Store has been in business over 47 years and the main thing that helps us is the ability to handle change as we've seen a lot of change in the Outdoor Power Equipment business in the last 5 years. Our focus is on the customer and his satisfaction which is the backbone of nearly any business.
The main thing our store strives to do is give the customer more than they can get anywhere else, for instance if you buy a RedMax from our Store it comes with a 2 year Warranty whether commercial or residential and we back it with a 15 Minute Guarantee that states if you have any problems with your machine during the two years we will fix it in 15 minutes or less or give you another one to use. This applies to Commercial as well as residential. How do we do it, simple, have the best people to handle these situation's and have plenty of parts as well as plenty of inventory of new products just in case you may not have a part on the shelf. This is something we do for RedMax only as we spend money to do this and we reap the rewards of future sales. Do we have to be the lowest price? No, but we do have to give the best value.

This seems to be the trend..............guess we have to get used to it!

I can appreciate both sides of this.............with Stihl I have an abundance of dealers.

Dolmar...............same thing that most see, no dealers that are close by.

Of well...........I guess were are just :deadhorse:

Last edited:
The main thing our store strives to do is give the customer more than they can get anywhere else, for instance if you buy a RedMax from our Store it comes with a 2 year Warranty whether commercial or residential and we back it with a 15 Minute Guarantee that states if you have any problems with your machine during the two years we will fix it in 15 minutes or less or give you another one to use. This applies to Commercial as well as residential. How do we do it, simple, have the best people to handle these situation's and have plenty of parts as well as plenty of inventory of new products just in case you may not have a part on the shelf. This is something we do for RedMax only as we spend money to do this and we reap the rewards of future sales. Do we have to be the lowest price? No, but we do have to give the best value.

WOW thats customer satisfaction there and I have never heard of anything like that before.

Thanks Sedanman for your caring and thoughtful words. I wouldn't lose any sleep worrying about me if I were you. Our Store does good business as we sold over 500 ( I know the numbers but I'll keep the figures to myself but give you enough info so you won't worry ) RedMax products that were hand delivered last year in our Store. Our Store has been in business over 47 years and the main thing that helps us is the ability to handle change as we've seen a lot of change in the Outdoor Power Equipment business in the last 5 years. Our focus is on the customer and his satisfaction which is the backbone of nearly any business.

Wow. 15 minute guarantee! I pay more for my Husky saws from my local dealer because I get good service. That is the best guarantee I have heard of. I hope everyone starts doing this!

Ben, I'm still waiting for an answer, Will you take 50 cents on the dollar to "earn" my business? I have at least 20 people who want to go fishing.

Rich, your being a diplomat. There is not one thing positive about this form a consumers standpoint.

... but if Redmax can't make sales without local dealers, then the consumer looses due to higher prices (lower volume), or with Redmax giving up on the USA market. It is possible they are in a downward spiral and are trying to pull out before hitting the bottom, Husky ownership or not.

Ben, I'm still waiting for an answer, Will you take 50 cents on the dollar to "earn" my business? I have at least 20 people who want to go fishing.

What a pinheaded comment. Go find someone else who will take 50% of Ben's price (for an identical product) and then go there.

Send pictures:laugh:

Why? It's quid pro quo (look it up) He wants his local dealer to drop their price for the "honor" of Ben walking into his store, I think it's only fair.

And by the way, name calling is childish.

What a pinheaded comment. Go find someone else who will take 50% of Ben's price (for an identical product) and then go there.

Send pictures
Exactly.
To be honest, My business is structured in a way that I have never given a 50% discount and will not in the future. I do not need to. There are plenty of entry level places that can accommodate people that cant/wont afford my place.
Paul, maybe you should have researched the OPE business a little better before you layed coin down.:dizzy:

. but if Redmax can't make sales without local dealers, then the consumer looses due to higher prices (lower volume), or with Redmax giving up on the USA market. It is possible they are in a downward spiral and are trying to pull out before hitting the bottom, Husky ownership or not.
Yesterday 10:35 PM
I dont think Redmax is hurting as is.
FWIW Didn't Redmax always have a no internet sales rule?
I bought my Redmax blower from a factory rep so I dont know. I do know I have never seen a Redmax dealer in the state of MI. and now for a fact that there isnt a stocking dealer within 100 miles of me.

I also might add that it is in incredibly bad taste for a businessman to revel in the misfortunes of another businessman. Paul is really showing his true character here and his deep seeded insecurities about his ability to compete.

Why? It's quid pro quo (look it up) He wants his local dealer to drop their price for the "honor" of Ben walking into his store, I think it's only fair.
I could care less what the local dealer does. I buy local for the most part, but only because I perceive some value in doing so. I also buy from Baileys, again because I see value in doing so. If there is no value in me buying local I go elsewhere.
Just because you have a dealership doesn't mean you have a license to steal. Which is what you want.

Paul, maybe you should have researched the OPE business a little better before you layed coin down.:dizzy:

I also might add that it is in incredibly bad taste for a businessman to revel in the misfortunes of another businessman. Paul is really showing his true character here and his deep seeded insecurities about his ability to compete.
I totally agree with Ben. I think it was very distasteful for sedanman to start this thread to try to take a jab at a site sponsor. By him doing so, imho shows that he isn't capable of being a competing dealership (locally or via the internet). If sedanman isn't capable of competing he should have done more homework before he decided to carry the productlines he does.

Just for the record, Red Max had begun implimenting this policy well before being purchased by Husky. They delayed the enforcement until they had a chance to get everyone to sign the new dealer agreement, which stipulated that internet sales would not be allowed.

My thoughts on internet sales are pretty well known, but I won't gloat or take pleasure in any discomfort these new policies might have on someone elses business. But I will point out that some of you who are criticizing sedanmans' lack of sympathy for Amicks, are the same guys who thought that it was just fine for dealers to get underpriced by internet discounters. Your attitude then was "Tough luck if you can't compete".

Well, the rules are changing now, and this time they are changing in the dealers favor. So, it's now someone elses turn to adapt and find a way to compete.

Well, the rules are changing now, and this time they are changing in the dealers favor. So, it's now someone elses turn to adapt and find a way to compete.

Spike you are absolutely correct, Its adapt or fail.
For the savvy business owner who has a diversified client base this this won't be but a bump in the road. His business model did not live or die by the internet. If you rely on only one source of sales when that goes away so do you.

Back