The Chainsawr's Efco Story (Please read this if you're considering buying one.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I consider Rotella VG30 hydraulic fluid sort of middle of the road actually. It's cold temperature 'flowability' is much less than the Chevron THC and of course it's priced less as well. I won't buy shitte at Messicks. One time was more than enough for me. They charge stupid shipping. Coleman's in Kansas City don't charge any shipping if the order is over 150 bucks fyi, but none of that is germane anyway as I get all my Kubota stuff (not the Chevron however) from the Kubota dealer I work at part time. I get everything at dealer cost. No markup what so ever. Not that oem stuff is cheap because it's not. Kubota is adopting the JD pricing attitude as of late. Kubota is getting extremely proud of their parts and filters.
Messicks is a ~ half hour drive from my place, so I've never incurred and shipping costs from them. We used them st the machine shop and the township so I have a very good relationship with several of the parts and sales guys.
I agree, kubota is going to price themselves out of people buying oe filters and fluids, just like jd. Fourtonalty I'm not farming, so I don't go through that stuff like some people do.

Messicks is a ~ half hour drive from my place, so I've never incurred and shipping costs from them. We used them st the machine shop and the township so I have a very good relationship with several of the parts and sales guys.
I agree, kubota is going to price themselves out of people buying oe filters and fluids, just like jd. Fourtonalty I'm not farming, so I don't go through that stuff like some people do.
Kubota is good stuff but they are proud of the prices on service parts and fluid. It is good to have older equipment though parts are cheaper and the fluid is usually sae 90 or 303.

Kubota is good stuff but they are proud of the prices on service parts and fluid. It is good to have older equipment though parts are cheaper and the fluid is usually sae 90 or 303.
Must be real old, 303 was only a thing back in the late 60's to 74.

Heck, go grab a pail of kubota udt or case hytrans. My buddy at messicks said to stock up now before the January price hikes. He said 10-30% increar across the board.
I have ran the standard Rotella HD for over 15 yrs in both units , its flows much better in the Cold Northern Climates as a 30 wt oil Actually quieter operation also from the pricier JD oem based oil . I get it for $ 137 a barrel as a repeat customer. I could get Amsoil for $129 , but like the Shell product . If they jack up the price i will likely switch over to Amsoil , Chevron here is $200 + a barrel .

Back