Last days of the 395 XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There a 3 different components from a normal saw. It's no different to diagnose. Fuel, air, ignition. Basic multi meter is all thats needed.
See, there’s my argument… never needed a multimeter too short out a saw. Never really had too many problems out of saws either.

See, there’s my argument… never needed a multimeter too short out a saw. Never really had too many problems out of saws either.
Sure you did, you just never bothered to use one. Coils, ignition leads and kill wiring can all be checked and verified its junk. Heck there's an entire write up about replacing a capacitor in an obsolete stihl ignition module. Even need to break oit the soldering iron for that too. Really it's basic tools that any mechanic, home or professional, has.

Sure you did, you just never bothered to use one. Coils, ignition leads and kill wiring can all be checked and verified its junk. Heck there's an entire write up about replacing a capacitor in an obsolete stihl ignition module. Even need to break oit the soldering iron for that too. Really it's basic tools that any mechanic, home or professional, has.
I’ve actually never had a problem with one of my saws that wasn’t fuel delivery or physical damage related.

As an electronic technician I’ve used the tools you mentioned for a living. A couple of days ago I had to use a soldering iron and my Fluke to work on family tractors. These machines, unlike the old ones are quite comfortable, but they cost twice as much and aren’t meant to last decades.

The question was asked, what would be the advantage of the 395? If you’re a tired wood cutter that’s settled into being dumb, like me, and have learned to listen for and put a solid tune on a saw with a screwdriver, the 395 has that option. It tunes quite well, actually. Working inside of a 395 carb box is easier than operating a Fluke 87 or soldering, if that’s not what you’re into.

There are a few of us that still appreciate the simplicity and ruggedness of the 395. And the crusade for things such as autotune are far ahead of guys with my mentality, so fret not.

Wait till the "green weiners" get their way and gas saws are gone.
Lucky for me, I own a couple of sis-gendered saws like the 395 that will get me through the rest of my cutting days without having to transition.

Now I just feel like a troll. Lol. But I have an electric saw as well that I really like sometimes.

There, now I feel inclusive again.

I’ve actually never had a problem with one of my saws that wasn’t fuel delivery or physical damage related.

As an electronic technician I’ve used the tools you mentioned for a living. A couple of days ago I had to use a soldering iron and my Fluke to work on family tractors. These machines, unlike the old ones are quite comfortable, but they cost twice as much and aren’t meant to last decades.

The question was asked, what would be the advantage of the 395? If you’re a tired wood cutter that’s settled into being dumb, like me, and have learned to listen for and put a solid tune on a saw with a screwdriver, the 395 has that option. It tunes quite well, actually. Working inside of a 395 carb box is easier than operating a Fluke 87 or soldering, if that’s not what you’re into.

There are a few of us that still appreciate the simplicity and ruggedness of the 395. And the crusade for things such as autotune are far ahead of guys with my mentality, so fret not.
Consider yourself lucky, I've had plenty of saws come through with ignition issues.
And my comments are based on your constant bagging that new saws are "harder to work on" and "can't be repaired." Which is a steaming pile of bs, And quite frankly a flat out lie.

Consider yourself lucky, I've had plenty of saws come through with ignition issues.
And my comments are based on your constant bagging that new saws are "harder to work on" and "can't be repaired." Which is a steaming pile of bs, And quite frankly a flat out lie.
I don’t typically have saws come through, because I am mostly concerned about my own saws and how they run. I get the occasional saw handed to me to figure out. I’ve no doubt you are way more versed in working on saws, and I know any number of problems can arise in them.

My bagging is actually not that constant if you look around a bit. I do like to chime in to state what certain saws such as the 395 offer or characteristics they have vs the newer additions, such as the 594. There are 2 sides to this argument based on what guys like me prefer and I’ve never tried to push my low tech agenda(not too much, anyway) to the point to where I’m posting all red-faced, touting BS and lying. I just like my low-tech old school saws, and there are others that like that too. Your autotunes aren’t going anywhere. My old school carbed two strokes are. Same with my V8’s, muscle cars and gear driven non-choked up diesels. I’m the one with the real struggle. Chill a bit. You’ll never convince me that added electronics, governing a saws fuel air ratio is right for ME. I’m unreachable there. I make those posts for those who might be like me. You do you.

All I’m saying is, if you want one of the very last produced 2 stroke, non autotune big Husqys, then jump on the 395. If you have no interest, then don’t.

I don’t typically have saws come through, because I am mostly concerned about my own saws and how they run. I get the occasional saw handed to me to figure out. I’ve no doubt you are way more versed in working on saws, and I know any number of problems can arise in them.

My bagging is actually not that constant if you look around a bit. I do like to chime in to state what certain saws such as the 395 offer or characteristics they have vs the newer additions, such as the 594. There are 2 sides to this argument based on what guys like me prefer and I’ve never tried to push my low tech agenda(not too much, anyway) to the point to where I’m posting all red-faced, touting BS and lying. I just like my low-tech old school saws, and there are others that like that too. Your autotunes aren’t going anywhere. My old school carbed two strokes are. Same with my V8’s, muscle cars and gear driven non-choked up diesels. I’m the one with the real struggle. Chill a bit. You’ll never convince me that added electronics, governing a saws fuel air ratio is right for ME. I’m unreachable there. I make those posts for those who might be like me. You do you.

All I’m saying is, if you want one of the very last produced 2 stroke, non autotune big Husqys, then jump on the 395. If you have no interest, then don’t.
Chain saws are dead simple machines...even with solenoid equipped carbs.. and they work better than the older stuff.

so the real price is 1120 then after shipping.. hmm this sounds familiar...
I just looked at my invoices.
The (4) 395's I bought in April of 2022 were $1040 delivered.
The (4) 395's I bought in January of 2023 were $1050 delivered.
Now through Labor Day Bruce has 395's at $1000 plus shipping which is even cheaper
As for the 592 it is at $1100 and I am betting a dollar to a donut the shipping is that standard $20.

Any other questions?

I just looked at my invoices.
The (4) 395's I bought in April of 2022 were $1040 delivered.
The (4) 395's I bought in January of 2023 were $1050 delivered.
Now through Labor Day Bruce has 395's at $1000 plus shipping which is even cheaper
As for the 592 it is at $1100 and I am betting a dollar to a donut the shipping is that standard $20.

Any other questions?

It's $1100 without shipping. So if your going to throw someone's price out there make sure it's correct.. Sounds familiar to you? You sure like to correct everyone else..

Latest posts

Back